Eight Nil to the mole.
That darned mole. Eight phosgene balls now and it still isn’t dead. I shall have to sit out there with a sledgehammer. :-)
The rain has done a grand job with the arena surface. It’s all packed down and feeling great. I haven’t ridden on it yet but I’m sure it’s going to ride better and better as it settles. I don’t seem to have too much grit any more either, probably just about right not to need topping up for several years, if ever.
I’ve just waved Nicola/Minky off after we had a super ride this morning on Tetley and Tia. I was going to take us down the road for a while to make sure Tia behaved, but she was so good right from the start that we turned and went onto the hills. She has been brilliant. She didn’t jog once, or throw her head around. She was, Nicola said, strong in the canter, but it wasn’t a fighting type strong, just a leaning into the bit type strong. And she’s FAST. Tetley left her standing because she didn’t know that we were about to gallop, and she was 30 yards or more behind before she got into a stride. Now he is far from slow himself, but she caught him up and passed him before we were halfway up the field. That’s fast. And then we stopped to walk home and she was instantly calm and unfizzy. Ovbviously some of that is due to Nicola’s quiet and calm riding, but Tia is a very good girl.
Nicola also had a taste of a totally unreconstructed racehorse yesterday and rode Caddy. She did look awfully small on him. She IS awfully small, but I was pleased just how small she looked. Sorreeeee, forgot the photos, I’ll get one soon.
Poor Tetley fell over on our hack :-0 I was so busy nattering that I didn’t notice that he was walking on the side of a very steep bank. One of his back feet slipped and he rolled quietly onto his side. My foot was caught but not badly and we both stood up and got ourselves together and carried on with our ride. It was frightening for a moment, but no harm done. And Tia didn’t seem bothered at all!
I’m exhausted after all that chat now. I’m off for a quiet snooze in the sunshine…..
C.

4 Comments:
Please Caroline STOP sending rain towards us. We have had two days of rain with only 20 degrees C, in AUGUST!!!! :-O
That weather is bonkers !!
For the mole, don't you have one of this little doggy, who eats anything? We used to have a female Daschung (sp) you know the sausage-type dog! She was such a great hunter. she killed all the moles at home. We had many!!!
Now where are the pics????
So now you're knocking poor Tetley off his feet? *G* Glad nobody got hurt.
Mole 8, Human 0? I have no advice, but I do find the sledgehammer with you attached quite amusing. Isn't there a "bop the mole" game around somewhere?
You have a mole and I have some kind of critter eating my tomatoes. This is the first time since I started planting a little garden. It ate all my sweet little cherry tomatoes that were just reaching the peak of ripeness. I just put a little fence around the plants. If it's a groundhog, that will do nothing. If it's a rabbit or opossum, it may help. I LOVE my tomatoes. Guess I will have to get out the sledgehammer here too...if I can lift it. *lol*
Weather here topped off at 110 F (43.3 C) yesterday and seems a bit cooler today, but not much. It may be a little drier air so it doesn't quite feel so awful. Storms are predicted for tonight and a cold front is coming for the weekend. Not cold, just not so hot.
I did find "Bop the Gopher!" Maybe if you play it will satisfy your murder the mole instincts. *G* It might work on dial up. If it doesn't don't worry. It's not a very good game anyhow. *lol*
http://www.commercial-drive.com/games/gopher/gopher.htm
Teehee Muriel - have we got you complaining about the weather now? 20c in August is normal for us, a nice warm day.
We have it here as an arcade game Jean, Whackamole. Allan calls it something which sounds similar but is MUCH ruder! Moles pop their heads up through any one of a number of holes in a console and you have to smack them on the head with a mallet!
C
Post a Comment
<< Home