Whoo that's more like it!
Congratulations Met Office. Spot on with the timing. And only out by a factor of fifty on the volume. We've had about a foot of snow, but this time the plough has already been though, leaving me with a fabulous four inches to canter all over the roads. AND I HAVE
I have never had more fun riding in my life. Radar was ecstatic, like a huge excited puppy. He cantered the whole mile and a half to our turning point, and most of the way back again too. He's had a workout and a half - he'll be fit to hunt when we can hunt again.
Jazz, always snorty at the best of times, has done his whole hack sounding like an off-beat steam engine. Hrrnmph, drift, hrrrmph, hens in a field, hrrrrummph, patch of grit on the road. But there was no traffic no the main road and I did a hack that we are never able to do any other time because of the volume of traffic. It always feels like you've won a prize to be able to ride on the A road.
Poor little Butkins can hardly move. His legs are about the same length as the snow in the yard and the field - I have a legless pony! No wonder he's losing weight - I am even able to give him his own little feed in a bucket. Aaaah bless :-)))
Everywhere I walked today I found my way blocked by a furry bottom begging for a scratch. Carrying saddle to Radar - bottom. Carrying water to the field - bottom. Clearing a path thruogh the snow - bottom. I gave in of course, which will only make him worse next time!
C

5 Comments:
Oh ho! So now the truth comes out. You want them to clear the roads so you can ride on them, not get out of the house! *vbwg +lol* Sounds like a ton of fun.
Another foot of snow? You've outdone us here, that's for sure. But someone seems to have gotten the message about clearing it out properly at least.
Enjoy it while you can. I'm sure the traffic will be back as soon as things are really passable. Here they come whether it's passable or not. *sigh*
Ooops, meant to add that the Buttie bottom must be awfully cute. Poor little mite trying to manage in the snow. But just think how fit he will be to learn to drive in the Spring....*hint, hint*
oooh no Jean, I'd rather not have the road cleared at all, if it's to ride in. Deep snow on a big horse is grand fun!
We have spent the afternoon towing three vehicles off the road, courtesy of some ignorant young me who thought they would just park blocking the road while they went sledging. You should have heard my language when I told them to shift them! Shameful!!
Of course they could not drive them out, they were stuck, so we had to tow them out. They were fairly contrite by this stage.
SH could then get in, just - it was touch and go, and not five minutes later the snowblower came down. So if we hadn't got them out, that would have been another four days stuck with a blocked road, because it's snowing again now and they would have been buried.
Why are people being such idiots this year? We've never had this before.
A lot of times it depends on how much experience people have had with snow. If we haven't had a big snow for a long time around here, people are not as smart as they are when the snows are more common.
Sounds as if you are running into a lot of people without any real knowledge of how difficult it is to drive in the snow. Common sense does not come into play, I fear. *sigh*
You are right Jean. It's not snowed like this for a few years and they had no idea how bad it would be to reverse back up the way they came. They thought since they drove in, that they could simply drive out again. Doesn't work that way guys !!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home