Good news and bad news
The bad news is that it is snowing again and we have a freeze forecast for tonight. Don't hold your breath for a hunting report tomorrow!
The good news is that Radar is completely unaffected by the ride we did yesterday. I designed it so that it should not irritate a splint, but so that it would raise heat in the ligament again if it was an issue, without causing it more damage. Nothing has changed at all. No filling or heat.
So I'm about to go out and ride him in the barn for a little while and I'll let you know how we get on later. Jazz I will rest, in the slim hope that he might actually be working hard tomorrow.
C
later:
well that went quite well. Radar is perfectly sound. I did one circuit each way in trot and he was bouncing. We did half an hour of walk exercises and he is gradually improving and able to hold both his nerves and his concentration for longer periods of time. Though he is still like riding a 3, 4, 5 and 6 year old all at the same time!!
I put them in the barn early because the weather is so nasty. The poor little wet rat, who for the first time ever was wet right through to his skin, with his tiny thin legs poking out of the bottom of a nest of rats tails, rolled and rolled and rolled and rolled.
And then when he'd finished rolling he ran up to Jazz, stuck his bottom against his knees and double barrelled him three times! It was clearly only in play and not going to hurt anyone, so I just watched and laughed as he ran over to Radar and did the same thing to him. I stopped laughing when he decided it might be a good idea to do it to me too!! He was so desperate to get someone to play, it was almost a shame we don't have two of them ...NO!
C

5 Comments:
Darn about the weather. Totaly opposite here. The foot of snow is completely melted and I had to change the Boys into lightweight sheets. So sorry about the hunt.
But what great news about Radar! Hope he continues to be sound and happy for you...even if he does have to work indoors.
Yes get another...then you will have a pair of buttons!
No no no no no! One will do!!
No freeze yet tonight so hopeful for hunting tomorrow!
C
What a little devil. While another Button would be cute, I agree that one seems to be more than enough. Hope he dried out OK, poor little soggy bottom.
No he didn't Jean. The problem with a coat as thick as his is that he can be indoors all night and STILL come out with a wet bottom. Not quite as wet as he went in, but far from dry. So Soggybottom he remains :-)
C
Post a Comment
<< Home