Sorry!
No photos bloggers, sorry. The cross country schooling has been raised in price to £25 (!!!) so we did the farm ride instead, a much more reasonable £15. SH didn't fancy the walk out to take photos. In any case, we weren't able to jump a lot of the fences ........
they were too SMALL :-))))) I have had more fun jumping Radar today than any other horse since Tetley went lame. For the amount of training he has had (assuming that George did indeed hunt before I got him as we suspect) he is the most proficient jumper I have ever trained.
He is already happily popping 3ft 6in without a care in the world. In fact, he loves it! He doesn't tap fences like Scooby used to early on. He already has the "tractor beam" that Tetley didn't get until he had completed a season affiliated. He was scanning for fences to be allowed to jump, and locking on when pointed at them. He loves a good firm contact to bundle himself together and spring from, which makes him SO easy to ride. Just sit tight with the leg on, keep a hold and look over the fence. Glorious.
If I ever do want to event again in the future, Radar is the horse! I don't think I will want to, because the courses are now ridiculously technical, with skinnies and corners difficult angles absolutely everywhere. But it is so lovely to know that if I don't event, it will be by choice and not because I just don't have a horse to do it on.
I wouldn't swap Radar with Zippy for any money today :-))))))))))
C

6 Comments:
Radar sounds like a real peach! What fun to have a horse that loves to jump - our Lily was like that (now retired) - would jump anything and really enjoyed it.
That was the attitude my Russell R. had. It makes you feel as if you can do almost anything. How great to hear that Radar is so keen to jump like that! Just what you wanted.
Too bad about the pics. You need to remedy that soon! *G*
Here in the US, when I was competing, they not only made the courses more "problematic" to ask questions of horse and rider when, I guess, too many people went clean, but they also raised the heights in each division to make it harder. It got so there were no places to go to start a green horse with easy challenges. Right now, I'm not even sure how many of the smaller events even run any more. Probably no place to "play" if you just want to have fun, either. Tons and tons of dressage schooling shows and recognized shows, but very very few horse trials.
And, to top it off, another horse was put down at the big Jersey Fresh CCI last month. That competition has been plagued. Not a good omen for the future.
That's fantastic news and like you say, you now have a choice. I always think this makes me much less frustrated, I can choose not to do something but can't doing something is horrible.
If we club together could we persuade SH to take photos next time? :)
Tracey - Cloud_Cirrus
I will get photos soon because I want some myself! SH did say he was quite an eyeful when I was riding away and some people commented on a what a handsome chap he is when I was half way around the ride.
I am still so thrilled and relieved that he has worked out so well.
Zippy should be in Seville tonight.
C
This is just what you needed! I am so happy that Radar is working out for you! Can't wait to see some pictures of you two in action.
ML he is the first REALLY big horse that I have ridden since Tetley and I forgot what fun it was! As you say, it's just what I needed. I always wondered what it would have been like to hunt Tetley and now I think I'm going to find out :-)
C
Post a Comment
<< Home