Friday, January 16, 2009

So long and thanks for all the fish

Jazz is now, mostly, a lovely hack and a wonderful hunter. Zippy is a superstar whose training is bound to progress steadily. George is shining in his new home. I'm not affiliated to event this year, and I doubt if I will ever jump affiliated courses again, I've lost the hunger for it. Many days I feel that I have nothing much to say that will really interest anyone. When I post, I do it for the interaction that I get with people. But most readers don't want to comment unless something radical happens, like breaking my shoulder or arm, which I sincerely hope never to repeat! So there's nothing much for people to comment about. Jean and Claire have been absolute stalwarts, but some days I really do wonder what the point of my blog now is. So I've decided that it would be a good time to quit. It's been fun ....

SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH.

C

15 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Nicola said...

Ah thats a shame Caroline I do hope you reconsider!
Ive always been a follower and pretty forthcoming in my comments.
Recently ive had a huge amount on my plate with Polo being lame,moving the horses,puppies for most of the summer and onwards, a seriously ill Buster since before christmas and my mum in hospital!
Plus work has been hellish since we've gotten all the extra students we are often still going flat out at 10/11pm.
Hence why I gave my blog a break I couldnt find the time or brain power to keep on top of mine never mind anyone elses which made me feel bad!
Also reading back to see all my spelling mistakes and poor grammar (not my strengths at the best of times!) due to it being written in a rush or when im extremely tired makes me a bit reluctant to post.


Anyway hope you have rethink!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Jean said...

I will miss reading your adventures.

I am keeping my blog on the Boys, even when I don't ride as my own diary. I've even started a teaching one so I can look at it the day I have to make my decision about retiring so it reminds me of all the reasons I really should retire.

I look forward to your blog every day and it's always one of the first places I visit when I load up the Internet. I will miss your ramblings.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Oh, and by the way, you don't have to fall off a horse to be interesting.

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, that is a shame. I love reading your diary, it is very interesting. I haven't commented much lately as I have looked "in passing to see how things are progressing - pretty well it seems.
Hope you reconsider.

Best wishes.

Judith

 
At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you haven't posted that for us all to say 'please don't stop' but I love reading your blog. You are going to face new challenges with the boys, their first dressage tests (well Zips), more advanced stuff in lessons, all sorts of things.

We want to hear about it!!

Cloud_Cirrus

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regardless of whether you have 'anything to say' or not, you are a good writer.

So please don't stop the blog - whether it's about the horses, the weather, titbits from the magistrate's court or anything else!

Michaela

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger sarahh said...

Oh Caroline, thats a real shame, i enjoy reading your blog so much.
I've found ive picked up so much info from reading it and reading the comments left by yourself and other readers.
I would love to keep abreast of what you're getting up to with the boys (as im sure many others would).
Perhaps you'd consider a monthly update, so that you feel each time that theres actually something to write about?
We will miss you otherwise!
Sarah

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Muriel said...

I hoep you will keep some update. I am sure woman you would.

I do not always read your blog. I often I do not post because I do not have something provocative or inteelignet to say. I really do not like the EE-style when you always have to write something.

Like Nicola wrote, life gets busy, busier and then calmer, and we can catch up with each others.

I hope you have fun with your two big Warmblood.

Take care

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog most days to see how you are getting on and I agree with Jean you dont have to fall off and break something for it to be interesting. I used to read your postings on EE about Smarties journey and by chance found your blog and have followed ever since. I suppose I am a bit shy when it comes to commenting as I dont tend to have much interesting to say. I also keep an eye on Nicola, Jean and Claire just in case you feel left out

Anne

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Claire said...

that's daft, caroline. I'm with Jean.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said...

For me too, it's one of the first sites I visit when I sit down at the computer in the evening. I certainly check to see if you are ok, then to see if the horses are ok and after that I usually learn something. An occasional post might be a good idea, though some will get out of the habit of checking.

I will say publically, once again, a huge heartfelt thanks for the gift of Tetley. He is so much more than just a horse and you made it possible. Thank you!!!!!

ML

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're being daft. I want to see how Zippy turns out! I check nearly daily, though I don't always comment as I don't quite ride in your league.

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you dare! What would I do without my daily fix!

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw no! And I was wondering over the weekend whether you managed to get out to hunt on Saturday!

Louise

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi C
I say do what you like! If writing this Blog doesn't fulfill you as it once used to, then why continue? Life's too short. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your journey with many different horses and I've learnt stuff on the way which I'm grateful for. You do many things much faster with young horses than I would dare to do and I've found it interesting to see the results you get, warts and all!

Having got to know you through this blog over the years, I know that you're a good and fast decision maker. You rarely go back on your decisions, you move on and find new things to do.

So bonne voyage from me and if you do decide to start writing a blog again in the future, drop me a line and I'll happily pop back to read and contribute.

All the best
Tracey B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home