A picture of Tetley
A picture of Tetley this morning. Isn't he looking gorgeous? :-))))))

Jazz, as he is currently naming himself had a fun night. He pulled everything in the barn to pieces. When I brought them both out he panicked at being taken away from Tia and I seriously thought he was going to jump his door. He was quite frightening, he is a big powerful fellow. He calmed down after a while and we were able to trim his feet. One front one was very long and the other was short, and all four feet have fungus in the walls, but they are looking very respectable now. He's not keen to pick his feet up to be worked on from underneath, but he's happy to leave them on a stand and have them rasped. Odd eh? He has lovely wide heels and frogs and he will do the barefoot thing easily I think.
I put some tack on him, not intending to ride him because he'd been so upset. I just meant to take him into the barn, to establish the normal routine, and bring him out again. But he settled, thanks to Tia not calling for him but staying quiet. So I rode him for ten minutes and he is just ace. Absolutely wonderful.
He's full of character (some would say full of Sh*T and I wouldnt' disagree), and he is so far naming himself Jazz, but don't hold your breath it might not stick. It's certainly his character. He is 16.1 1/2 but he has no wither at the moment so he rides a lot bigger than that. No action shots yet, but here's a nice photo of him this morning.

I couldn't be happier with him, he suits my character to a T. I hope Victoria is as happy with her new boy this morning. She has promised to let us know.
C.

8 Comments:
definitely your size horse!!!
very nice indeed.
is that mark on his face something on the camera, or a mark on his face? looks like a lump EEEK! which it can't be....
tetley does look rather nice, i have to agree; think the flowers will do better wtih the cellophane off though LOL!
I'd a feeling you'd be posting early...
Is that a large grin I see under that hat????
Jazz (I love the name) looks as if he still has room to grow. If his wither hasn't "Popped" yet, I'd say maybe 2 inches at least.
Either way, he is adorable. Beautiful conformation. And, if he settled right into working after all the excitement, then his disposition is a plus too.
Have to laugh about the barn. Tucker got loose in the aisle when I first brought him home and completely trashed the place. Every blanket, tool, piece tack within mouth's reach was heaped all over the floor. And there he stood, with a big grin on his face. *lol*
Trish: I am fine. My old fellow, PJ, died on October 7. I am pretty sure it was heart failure. In his honor, I adopted Chance whose picture Caroline has posted. He's doing well and looks as if he will grow into a nice horse.
Sorry to hear about all the changes in your life, but you seem to be handling it all well. Sounds as if things are working out for the best.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Claire, he has several of those marks on various parts of his body, they are just roan patches. Apparently his father has them and passes them on to his offspring.
Hi Trish, I'm glad you are getting sorted. The big question is how he got anaemic? Stress from moving?? I'm glad he's doing well, is he still entire? (It's driving me mad that I can't remember his name!)
Mandeigh the grin hasn't left my face all morning. Still there now at 3 o'clock. If you have to lose a great horse, this is the way to do it!
Tetley how nice to hear from you (yesterday's comments)! We want pictures you know, you'll have to send them to me and I'll post them. Make them small though, I'm not on broadband.
Jean I'm betting 2 inches more yet. He went bum high between me first seeing him on Thursday week and picking him up yesterday. It was noticeable when they brought him out to put him on the lorry. His father is 2 inches bigger than he is now, it's on his breed papers. He rides as big as Tetley anyway, I certainly won't be complaining about him being too small.
He didn't just "let me" ride, either, he worked in a wonderful outline and did a few serpentines and bends. And a couple of circuits of that awesome trot. It took me five years to teach Tetley to trot with that amount of oomph and this boy was born doing it. What a starting point for his training.
I must go and have another peak at him out in the field, see you!
C.
I like the "new" Tetley LOL!
What a nice pic of you on Jazz ( I like THAT name) You are radiant. but i agree he WILL grow up :-D
Lovely boy ...
C, Just to let you know have just had the best ride every couldn't stop grinning, okay so just walking but hes so chilled. We'll trot tomorrow a little stiff behind but nothing major.
Where are the action photos?
Vx
Jazz it is, Muriel, it seems to be sticking!
Victoria I'm thrilled that you have ridden Tetley already. Can't wait to hear how the trotting went.
C
Post a Comment
<< Home