Tuesday, August 11, 2009

SUCH a bad mood

My saddle was due for delivery today but it has not arrived and I am in SUCH a BAD MOOD. Don't push me or I may snap!! I've had such a lot of trouble over this saddle. First, they have a nine week delay on manufacture. Second, they messed up an order for a gullet plate and were incredibly rude to me when they failed to make me a refund. So much so that I cancelled the order. Then they apologised, really nicely, and I carried on with it. Next, the agent I bought it from left them and they would not ship to her until she clears her account in full. She doesn't have the thousands of pounds that would take because her customers won't pay her until they have their saddles. And if WOW won't release her saddles they won't pay her!! So I arranged to deal direct with WOW, no problem (ha!) and they emailed me yesterday to say it was out for delivery and would be here today. And it isn't here. And I am very cross!!

This was supposed to be a present to me and Jazz for selling Zippy. Some present, it's been nothing but stress. I wish I hadn't bothered. It was as much as I could do to hold my temper while I was schooling Radar. Only the knowledge that he would completely freak out if I got cross with him stopped me. We did some great walk/halt and he will actually stand still with his weight on all four legs. Today is the first time he would do that, instead of always keeping a hind leg cocked in order to make a quick getaway.

We spent a lot of time dashing around in trot circles too. About ten minutes until he worked out how tired he was getting, and then pulled himself into shape, took responsibility for his own balance, and trotted quietly on both reins. A good session, but I had to work sooo hard to stay calm!

C

8 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger English Rider said...

So, if someone said "just go to your happy place", it might really get dangerous? :)

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Claire said...

oh dear. hope the delivery people haven't lost it....

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Oh, phooo. I am so sorry for you. I know how frustrating that can be. No consolation, but it will be there tomorrow. Wish it were before your leasson.

Well, once again, Radar proved what a great leveler he can be. I am pleased to hear you managed to contain your anger when you rode him. Especially since it was partially because of who/what he is. It's a hard learning curve, but you passed this one with flying colors. (Sorry, can't quite get out of teacher mode...*G*) Ten minutes of bad trot until he improved is siginifcant progress. He is definitely learning too.

Keep in your positive training mind for your lesson.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

Er I wouldn't risk it!

If they've lost it Claire, I will go stratospheric !

Jean it wasn't only the saddle, it's been one heck of a day for let-downs FOUR lots of people let me down over different things today.

And that's not including Jazz, who has a nasty cough.

C

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Claire said...

oh dear....i hate that sort of day! i would never want to see you stratospheric, i think that would be a sight to behold...

Jazz? coughing? hope he's ok.....

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

Mmm I hope he's OK too Claire, but with a tie-back it's got to be a quick vet call if he is not all right tomorrow morning. He coughed up a load of horrible yuck including a blood spot, so it's fingers crossed for tonight.

Trust me, you would not want to be within ten miles if I go off on one!!! :-)

I'll update tomorrow.

C.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Claire said...

oh dear. give him a polo from me... if he's allowed them.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

He's allowed them but he won't eat them Claire :-)

C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home