Back home
It's good to be back.
And it didn't rain today!!!
Jazz and I had a little hack this morning. He hasn't hacked for a while now because we are both enjoying schooling so much. It showed. He was more hesitant than he has been for a while, but it bears no comparison to the monster that he was this time last year. He passed new "for sale" boards, where one of my neighbours has put his land up for sale, without even looking at them. He passed a carpet dumped in a picnic area car park and only glanced at it. (Thanks Mr Fly Tipper, whoever you are!) He left the yard without freaking out at a number of traffic cones marking new kerb stones that SH has put in just outside the gate.
When we got back I put him in the barn but he just wanted a cuddle and wouldn't leave me. He rubbed my face gently with his muzzle and just stood quietly resting up against me. Do you think he missed me???
Radar and I went out for a longer ride. It took four attempts before he would stand still for me to get on. He did a bit of tight circling in between tries!
He isn't a "pick up and put down" horse, he is always more uppity if he is not ridden for a while. He was pretty twitchy and not going forward for the first half of our hack too. And then he wanted to walk home too fast. He's a slow learner but we don't need him to progress any faster than he is, so it doesn't matter. If we'd bought him to event it would have been more important that he still can't canter a circle right in the arena. But he is absolutely bursting with promise for his career as a hunter.
His abcess is fine, he's perfectly sound and just got a bit of skin missing off the bulb of his heel. I squirt peroxide in it and it's not bothering him at all. I don't know that I've ever known a horse have less trouble with an abcess that finally blew a hole in the skin the size of a ten pence piece!
I had to chase Buttie round the yard this morning to get him into the barn. It wasn't that he didn't want to go into the barn, it was more that he wanted a jolly good play - he's a card :-)))) The friend who brought them in for me yesterday hates minis, but even she thinks he's unbearably cute.
C

3 Comments:
I would venture a guess that Jazz did miss you! How sweet!
I just looked at the rainfall radar and unfortunately it looks like you are getting rained on again.
What a sweetie Jazz is. He definitely missed you. And what a good boy he was on the hack.
And Radar was pretty good too, even though he clearly has his own agenda in life. Slow learner or just marching to a different drummer.
And then there's Buttie. Aren't you glad you're not riding him? I have a feeling he'd be the trickiest of all. *lol*
It's raining now ML but it's dark so I don't mind. I hope it's blown over by tomorrow.
If Radar is marching to any drummer Jean, then he's the most incompetent drummer you've ever heard - he doesn't string more than ten beats the same length together :-) !!
C
Post a Comment
<< Home