Diversion
The saddle delivery was messed up AGAIN today. The driver lied yesterday and said we weren't here at 5.30 when he tried to deliver - but I was on the arena the whole time with a full view of the road. Thankfully WOW have thrown their toys out of the pram and I am promised that a manager is driving it here this evening. I guess they threatened to remove their contract from Citylink unless they got it here. So I am waiting ......
Meanwhile I lunged Jazz this morning on an arena totally waterlogged by rain overnight. He didn't cough at all. He hasn't got a temperature and he is bright and chirpy. He has nothing coming down his nose, so I think yesterday was just some bit of infected yuk stuck in his tieback, which he managed finally to cough up. Fingers crossed.
So, to take our minds off the missing saddle I'll do something I don't normally do, talk about something other than the horses. But this is so funny I just have to share it.
I was having breakfast in McDonald's before court on Monday. Near me was a couple. The female was diagonally opposite me and wearing bright yellow tights and a grey jersey dress. Very distinctive, you couldn't miss the tights. The guy was alongside me and I didn't see him. They were very aware that I was close by and were kissing and canoodling almost to make a point of it in front of me. I made sure I didn't look at them and I thought it was sweet but very childish for a woman of around thirty. Especially at nine in the morning.
So I went into court thinking no more of it. A man was brought in from the cells in handcuffs. He had been arrested at Manchester Airport the day before, coming back into the country. We were sorting out his punishment and wanted to include a curfew, but a tagged curfew has to have the permission of the householder first. We were assured that the man lived with his girlfriend and she would allow the curfew equipment. We were pointed to a woman at the back of the court to confirm it, the girlfriend - wearing a pair of bright yellow tights and a grey jersey dress.
Whoever she'd been kissing certainly wasn't the live-in boyfriend - he'd been in the cells all night. Boy did she squirm when she realised it was me. It was as much as I could do to keep a straight face and uphold the dignity of the bench!!
C

12 Comments:
lesson learned for her, then. frankly, i'm surprised you agreed to her agreement, if you see what i mean! a difficult position all round. wish i could have been a fly on the wall!
on the saddle.... bet they got lost, and don't like to admit it...
Ha, I knew your McDonald's addiction would bear fruit one day, that's a corker. Ha ha
Tracey B
p.s. got 1st and 2nd at yesterday's Sport Horse Show.
Claire I figured she deserved a bit of discomfort being stuck with him in her house 7 til 7 and he did too, for what he'd done. Curfew is supposed to be a punishment, and I think in their case it will be. And it is monitored properly in this area and if he is late by so much as ten minutes he'll be back in court again the next day to have it made worse.
Now you're getting greedy Tracey - you'll be very unpopular locally :-)))) Well done!
C
Oh, that is too funny. I can just picture the look on her face when she saw you up there. *giggle* I admire your stoic demeanor. I am not sure I could have managed, despite all my experience as a teacher.
Duh! about the saddle. Somebody was pulling a cover up, for whatever the reason. I hope by the time you read these comments the saddle is in your hands.
The saddle is here and is fantastic. It took me a while to screw it together and I've oiled it. The seat is so deep I'll need a hoist to get out of it. If I can't sit Jazz's flying changes properly in that there's no hope for me :-)
The delivery driver had been lying about attempting to deliver it. Both yesterday and today. The guy who came tonight said he is well known for it. He needs the sack.
C
ahhhhhhhhh - city link, I have had dealings with them where I worked a while back, they did "earn" a few nicknames, "missing link", "sh*tty stink" - couldn't deliver a three word sentence with the help of an auto-cue!
had a good chuckle at miss yellow tights - just HOW did you keep a straight face?????????
glad saddle arrived eventually - any chance of a pic? been thinking about a WOW for new boy, he has quite a "boing" when he wakes up and i think im going to need the assistance of a deep seat, knee and thigh blocks and sticky bum breeks!
I'll take some tomorrow Ann, and report how it is to ride in.
C
what i never understand about curfews is that, i gather, you're not even allowed to sit in your own garden/back yard...
Saddle fab and Jaz zeven better but I have to ride Radar now so you'll have to wait for a report :-)
Claire, that's because it's a punishment :-) The alternative is often prison. They are supposed to feel grateful that they can sit in their own bedroom, not complain about not being able to sit in the garden! I love curfews, especially for young men over Christmas/New Year - it's such a BIG slap on the wrist and so much cheaper than putting them in hotel HMP :-)))))
Now that was very entertaining! What a relief that you finally got the saddle. I hope it's all you dreamed of!
I dream of doing tempi changes in it ML, but it'll certainly help me get there!
Thankyou Zippy!!
C
so you couldn't give a curfew to someone who worked permanent nights? or would s/he have a daytime curfew instead? just asking....
Post a Comment
<< Home