More *&^%$^& rain!
A poor bedraggled bunch came trotting up the field to get in out of the rain as soon as they could today. The weather never cleared up enough to ride yesterday and it's been pouring on and off all day again today. They haven't been ridden for days and they won't get ridden tomorrow because I'm working. I'm hoping that we can "start again" on Tuesday, but if this weather keeps up like it's forecast to, then I shall have to sort out the surface in the barn so that it's fit to ride indoors.
I haven't taken Radar's rug off all day - I wasn't going to touch the thing this morning - it was about an inch thick in dripping wet sloppy mud. I don't even know where he can have found mud like that out in the field, it isn't muddy! Well, obviously it is, somewhere.
The three of them went into the barn and then rolled and rolled and rolled. Then they rolled again. They were absolutely manic. You would have thought that they had been starved of a good roll for a year! Then they ate, then they slept. I don't think they had had a good night, poor boys.
The forecast is dire for the whole of the week. I have never wished a forecast wrong with more strength than I do now!
C

2 Comments:
Poor boys. I can't even imagine how icky it must feel for them to be wet and soggy like that. That's one advantage my Boys have here which is shelter available all the time.
Sounds as if your little indoor is going to get some use again. Who would believe it in the summer? Not the best place to ride a big gangly guy like Radar, but at least you can work on his walk. And I guess Jazz will get some exercise in collection. *sigh* So sorry.
They have a shelter Jean, they just tend not to use it.
C.
Post a Comment
<< Home