All fit and well.
Could somebody please tell Zippy that if he succeeds in his mad antics of trying to rip the muzzle off Jazz's head, that, far from freeing Jazz, he will end up with one on himself as well? It is working better than I could possibly have hoped. Jazz's legs are much cooler and harder and he walked in across the stones this morning without feeling it at all. I put it on him for about eight hours during the time for maximum sugar in the grass.
George is great this morning. Tired, happy, with all four legs cold and tight.
I rode Jazz and Zippet indoors because it was raining pretty hard. Zips was marvellous and is really working like a grown-up now. He found shoulder in to the left difficult, but got there in the end. The travers is fabulous and the shoulder in right pretty decent. His trot and the transitions are to die for.
Jazz was sweet. We did slower/faster walk and I got one of the two things that I have been training this particular movement for - the collection into the slower walk from the seat without a rein aid. The other is freedom in the back in the extended walk, which we always get. We finished with a bit of 10m canter circles with transition to walk. That's terribly hard physical work for a horse of his size but he did it well and tried very hard.
It was hard to reward him after that by muzzling him, but I have to harden my heart and do it. He wouldn't thank me for getting laminitis and having to be kept in full time, would he?
I am still bubbling with the success of riding George yesterday. By crikey, did we both enjoy ourselves or what? My WOW saddle fitter is angling to buy him but he's not for sale yet, we're having FAR too much FUN.
C.

8 Comments:
and when (if?) you do sell, you'll make a massive profit, i expect, even after his keep as well
where are the photos, though?
Superhubby was so tired after the last three weeks that I just had to let the poor boy off photo duties Claire. I'll buy the official ones if I can find them! The site is chaotic.
C
Well done for yesterday George is a star and made a great end your horrible month!
The muzzle is hard to do isnt it Ellie usually has one on and she really makes you feel guilty but they make a huge difference.
If my track doesnt work i'll be muzzling both my two lardies:)
Muzzle partially destroyed and repaired with a whole bottle of superglue!
I'm going to buy two spares on Tuesday!
C
Zipster thinks he's "helping" his brother by taking off the muzzle. Nice to have such a friend in need. *lol*
Your boys are all working on star status, it seems. Nothing like a trio to keep you singing happily along.
Results are up - check the eliminations in everyone's sections but mine! If we'd been in any other section we'd have been much higher up the running order. I'm dead chuffed with him, what a clever boy.
Jean Zip's "help" consisted of ripping two of the "arms" on the basket in half. Tomorrow I am going to buy a second muzzle and if he does it again he'll be wearing one too. Meanwhile, a bucketfull of superglue seems to have done a pretty good job.
C
What a brilliant outing, I am so envious of your galloping jumping machine, AND he's had quite a good go at the dressage too this time - Bless him. Your account of your day was great to read, keep them coming.
Re sub-clinical laminitics in shoes (from the other day), I do wholeheartedly agree. I think Pete Ramey's conclusion that about 80% of horses are prone to lammo of varying degrees is just about right. Mine definitely is, but I've nailed the management of it now, I have another I ride who can stuff her self silly and show no ill effects in her lovely feet - another 16.1HH TB - they're like chalk and cheese in that regard, but so similar in every other way.
Looking forward to the photos, I hope they do you both justice. And DON'T sell him, he's far too much fun. :o)
Tracey B
He certainly is fun, no doubt about that :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home