Monday, May 05, 2008

Flap flap flap

I have an 08.48 dressage time on Wednesday. I will have to be up at 5am and out of the yard at 6am. I was supposed to be working tomorrow and need to go and walk the course because there's no time on the day - 08.48, 09.43, 10.33 and home. Oh flap flap flap.

I managed, thank goodness, to get someone to take on my court sitting tomorrow at very late notice, so suddenly everything is much more relaxed again and I don't feel so bad that I didn't ride Jazz this morning. I desperately wanted to take him out for a whizz, but there was so much rain overnight that it was unfair to go on my neighbours' fields so I couldn't.

I rode George instead and we were in side reins again. He just doesn't want to go forward to the bit. When he hangs back, he won't half halt and he can't turn. He speeds up. He stamps his hind feet. I get mad. Never mind, we kept it all together somehow and I put the sidereins on and he ended up doing some very nice flexible bendy stuff.

Great news for Jazz I forgot to tell you about. I had planned that he would go to Stafford in July, because there are three that I can do that month, two with George and the middle one with Jazz. I looked it up and to my surprise, Stafford has one of the ten Trainer classes in the whole country - 80cm (2ft 7ins) max. Now if Jazz can't do that, we'll put him in foal and breed from him :-)

Also more great news. The training centre that I go to in the winter with the indoor showjumps is moving them outside for the summer. And it's situated so that we can park the lorry right by the fence. That makes it feasible to take two horses, and have 45 minutes each horse. Jazz will be in sight, so we'll know if he's upset. And the lorry will be so close that we won't lose unnecessary time changing horses. Suddenly it's so much easier to train two horses for the same season.

I'm nervous and tetchy now. I so much want not to screw up on Wednesday!

C.

11 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Take a deep breath. Take a few deep breaths. Your post reflects your agitated state.

It always helps me if I write everything down. Make a list of everything I need. Make a list of everything I need to do. Make a general time schedule.

Once that's done, somehow the anxiety starts to fade a little.

George is ready for the jumping phases. The dressage might have to be a compromise, but whatever he does, give him lots of praise to boost that ego of his. I think he needs that for the flat work--none needed over the fences.

Sounds as if the summer plan just might work out. Two is a challenge, but managed well and with the right groom, can be done. You might want to enlist someone else along with SH to help out if you can. It would make it all go smoother.

Now stop holding your breath!!! Tuesday, then Wednesday. You need air in between! *G*

In the meantime, I'll hold my breath for you. *lol* By the way, been there, done that...I am really feeling your joyful "pain" as you anticipate.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

Thankyou Auntie Jean, I'll try!

C :-)

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Nicola said...

Oh dear I'd be no good at this malarky I cant sleep and get stressed at much less think i'd explode with the pressure of it all!:)))If fact i'll probably not sleep thinking about you:0

All the other plans sound great I love it when a plan comes together! duuddduurrddduuurrrrduddddurrdddurrr......

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better not screw up on Wednesday!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

Oh thanks Mandeigh, no pressure there then :-) !!

Nicola at least it means I can eat what I want for two days - it'll just get burnt off!

It's nine - I;m off to bed!

C

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Claire said...

05:00? crikey.

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Muriel said...

You will be allright. Just concentrate on having fun. George and you are prepared so just think about fun and that feeling he gives you when he is popping jumps ^-^

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun. Keep breathing - lots of slow deep breaths, all the time.

Judith

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Nic Barker said...

GOOD LUCK!!! Sending you some of the glorious weather we have down here at the moment, so that you and George will have an even more lovely day ;-) Have a wonderful time, and just think of the fine wines you will be able to celebrate with at the end of the day!

Nic

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck!! Sounds as though you now have no excuse to 'flap, flap, flap' so get on out there and have fun!

Louise

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

Thanks everyone I'll do my best!

C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home