Monday, April 28, 2008

11/10 :-)

George is now jumping a tad short of a metre. And thrilled to be doing it too. He chose to take canter several times today and has improved in technique again from last time. I've nothing much else to say about him really, he's just ace. SH put a course up at over three feet. George jumped it. 20 minutes gone of our hour, and that was the job done!

I did put my stirrups down, and back onto the schooling bars, and do a circuit of canter on each lead. He finds it hard to hold the canter and wants to drop back to trot, but he did it beautifully rounded, if a bit fast. A great improvement from last week.

I am getting more and more confident again myself. If I'd had to ride Jazz to get back into jumping after "that" fall, I doubt if I could have done it. Talk about George being in the right place at the right time.

It's back to winter here again. They were in last night because it was so cold and wet. This morning it was 5 degrees C and raining hard so they are in winter rugs again. We got a bit wet showjumping, but it had slackened off by then and it could have been a lot worse.

We are all set for next week now. Jetset George is primed and ready for lift-off :-)

C

6 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Jean said...

What a grand boy he is! A confident jumper is exactly what the doctor ordered for your loss of confidence.

And, if the canter is already that much improved, it will be short work to conquer it completely.

Sorry about that darn weather. It's not coming from New Jersey but somewhere north of us. We're having the rain too now, but the temperatures are in the 50's.

May it all turn for the better by the day of the competition!

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The strike off is a mad fling Jean, but the basic pace is hugely improved.

What a boy he is, indeed :-)

C

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Claire said...

ok, so there's nothing wrong with him that work won't cure! although he's probably getting the idea every time you're taking him showjumping!

we weren't as bad here as over your side, thank goodness, but wet enough this afternoon ...

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

He just needs experience Claire. Then he's going to be one super horse for someone to take on.

C.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Muriel said...

WonderGeorge shoudl be his name ^-^
I cannot wait to read your report after next weekend.

Can you please send us some rain? Pretty please?

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

You are welcome to our rain Muriel - I wish I could send you some.

C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home