Winter!
It's snowing, sleeting and hailing in a ferocious gale. The temperature is close to zero but with the windchill it feels well below that! Jazz completely refused to leave the yard this morning and I had to force him to go out :-) He was most disgruntled, but I need him to walk off the remaining swelling in his leg. It's a lot better today, the filling is all soft and watery, so he has got on top of the infection that was in there. The foot looks good and he's being such a good boy about the pressure washing with a syringe full of hydrogen peroxide.
Zippy is fine and dandy but I just can't face staying outside long enough in this weather to ride either of them. Never mind, I'm sure spring is just around the corner, isn't it?
C

5 Comments:
Of course, of course, Spring is just around the corner. Trouble is, it's still a big corner. *sigh*
We are having storms here too but instead it's rain and possible heavey thunderstorms with temps going up to around 50F. I suppose I should be glad it's not snow since two inches of rain might equal as much as 10" of snow, depending on the temperature and density.
Just be careful. I don't blame Jazz for wanting to stay in, but he needs to walk on the leg.
Sometimes wrapping can help reduce swelling. The pressure pushes the fluid from the area and some of the warmth generated by the wrap can help stimulate circulation. A leg "sweat" added to that also helps reduce the fluid build up. I might tend to wrap as well to help protect the leg itself as the distended tissue is far more sensitive and the swelling more likely to get "knocked" because that leg is bigger. Fine not to, but it makes me feel better when I do. *G*
Jazz's leg is fine now, he came in early (the weather!) this afternoon with all the swelling gone. The split has stayed fairly small (sometimes they break wide open) and the infection is being beaten by the peroxide by the look of it. Pleased? I should say so!
It looks like we are going to be snowed in by the end of the day. We have already rescued one stricken motorist stuck on the ice trying to get to his wife in hospital.
C
C
Its been absolutely horrendous up here today..gales with sleet and snow!200cars stuck on the A66 since lunch time(think thats the one).
Painfull when your trying to poo pick it took me hours to warm up when I got home,I brought them both in tonight which they both looked pretty pleased about.
Pleased the leg has gone down.
Nicola(to lazy to sign in)
good news on the infection then!
you should have been in our bowl, you'd have been fine (but the arena is even smaller than your barn!)
I thought of you both in the Durham area when I saw the news last night!
C
Post a Comment
<< Home