Buy one get one free
I bought a tieback and I have had a free mudfever cure and elocution lessons. Jazz DEFINITELY has a lower voice than he had before. He went in with a silly girly squeal and he's come home with a manly rumble :-)
He is SO WELL this morning. Of course he is in all the time so maybe has plenty of energy, but he just seems so bright and, ... well,.... WELL. Maybe he really had been being knocked down by the fact that he couldn't breathe? Apparently, according to the IH site I asked on, some of them are very difficult to keep weight on, because of the stress of the condition. The last one I had was certainly not a good doer and always ribby. Jazz wasn't hard to keep weight on, but he certainly seems more "up" than he was before he had it done.
And talking of ribby, he's obviously got all his fluids back in balance. He's stopped looking for salt, is drinking less and looks much fatter than he did yesterday. Time to cut down the hard food! I gave him old hay last night and he has eaten all of it. So I've soaked more this morning and he has it today as well. But he is eating really well this morning, as if the soreness in the throat is gone. He finished his bucket of food and I hope that I can stop soaking hay and feed haylage from tonight onwards.
He took the shot up the nose like a good boy, and there's only one more of those to go. The other stuff that goes in the food is a violent yellow colour anti-inflammatory and bright white antibiotic but he wolfs those down with no trouble. The wound is prominent, but the staples are exactly as they were, so that is only because all the swelling around it has gone down, leaving an obvious lump with a neat line of little metal pins in it.
I mucked out while they were eating, watered down the surface to keep everything as dust free as I can and then let him have a pick at some grass. That confirmed he's back in balance too - he made a beeline straight for the juicy clover in the middle. Have some plantain? "What do you think I am, a cow?" How about some shepherd's purse? "You calling me a donkey now??!!"
I put him back in the barn and took Zippettydoodah out for a ride. We had a lovely time. One all-four-feet-in-the-air spook at a crow in a tree, but nothing to be concerned about. He is much stronger and much bigger than he was even a few weeks ago. It's such a temptation to school him more to see what he can do, but I just don't believe in running joints that young and undeveloped round in circles for long, so I'll have to wait a while yet.
C

8 Comments:
Great news! I would think being able to breathe would make a big difference. People who have such ailments and then get cured report tremendous changes in energy.
Good to about his eating and wolfing down the medications. Around here is usually "resort to the applesauce in a dose syringe" for most meds as my Boys are picky eaters. Nothing like a "stomach" horse for that kind of situation.
Zippity in a four feet of the ground spook must have been fun! Does it portend good jumping skills? Did he feel athletic? Way cool....NOT! Better you than me. Still, if he walked off calmly afterwards, he's really a star.
Only 10AM here. I ride at 2 PM and 3:30. Tucker's shoes are on. Need to wash and braid.
GOOD LUCK !!!
C
Good news for Jazz. I envy your plant knowledge. Something I will study when we will have our own house etc ... No point to dit now, as we will change country.
For the link :
Go to setting ( ?, for me it is written in Italian so personalisa)
then TEMPLATE, then PAGE ELEMENTS, there it should be a frame with written "links" and "edit". Just add the address in the "new site URL", add the nane you want in "new site name" then click on "add link".
I am sure you know how to do it. You are more computer savvy than me LOL
It was just blogger who had a bad day. It keeps changing languages. It is often in German ????
Ja, seit wieder zwanzig Tagen ist es auf Deutsch. Or something like that anyway, my A-level German is rusty :-))))
Jean he just shot into the air and came down like Bambi-on-ice - one leg poking out in each direction! I never mind as long as there's a horse underneath me when I come down :-) And then he just walked off calmly as if nothing had bothered him at all :-)
Ah that answers a question. You are six hours ahead of the UK. Are you also an insomniac? Otherwise I have no idea how on earth you can do so much in one day!
I just know the names of a few things Muriel, but we live in the midst of wild flower meadows now, so I pick it up from friends who know far more than I do. The harebells are out on my field - now I DO love those. They are delicate, perfect little round bells, one to each bent over stem, with a fluted bottom edge in the most delightful blue/violet colour.
I'm lucky tonight - it's raining - so I have left tomorrow's hay lying in slices on the yard where it will soak itself overnight :-)))
C.
Six hours behind, I meant of course. Senior moments coming thick and fast these days :-)
C
Well sounds like it was money well spent then!
Wait till he's totally recovered you might not be feeling so smug if his opinions pre op are anything to go by:))))))
Yes, six hours behind. So it's 7:30 PM here and what 1:30 AM there? Hope you are in bed.
Posted the show news at Follywoods. Not the greatest scores, but a very well behaved horse. Ulcergard? Who knows. Time will still tell.
Ah Nicola I am so scared! I remember back in about March cantering circles on an open field and stopping because he was bounding so much that I thought that any moment I was going to lose control and end up at home by a much quicker and bumpier route than I wanted to get there :-)
C
Post a Comment
<< Home