Saturday, March 24, 2007

Tetley is beginning to look well covered and well muscled. Though the muscle is terribly floppy and not solid like an athlete's like it used to be. It carries through into his work, where he is simply completely unable to give me the level of power, and therefore the suspension and the cadence, that he had six months ago. It is such a shame that my last memories of his work won't be anywhere near the standard of what he used to be capable of. But I am thankful that at least his health has been unaffected. I know that Mary Lou will get him back to full form and I'm looking forward to her updates telling me how he is doing. My plan for him for the last six days is to continue to build up his strength and to get him as fat as I can in case the change of home makes him lose any weight.

Mary Lou has decided to take on trimming Tetley's feet for herself, so some of the handover next weekend will be a couple of foot trimming sessions. His back feet are now lovely. The front ones need more work, but they are getting better and better.

Will someone please tell that young man Zipperoo that if he rips any more holes in Jazz's rug I will not be amused? I have mended two so far - he's on his last warning!!

Jazz is feeling terribly pleased with himself and taking no stick from anyone this morning :-)

C

4 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Dear Zipperoo,

If you continue to rip Jazz's sheets, your mother will not be pleased with you. As a consequence, she will put you an on airplane and send you across the sea where you will come to live with someone named Tucker who will rip your sheets instead. One you have discovered how unpleasant it is to walk around in a ripped sheet, you will understand the error of your ways, be placed back in the airplane and sent home again to practice your new-found respect for sheets.
Sincerely,
"Aunt" Jean

Did that help? *G*

Keep Tetley's memories in your heart. Those were his days of glory with you. Now he will go on to new days with Mary Lou. You've already made such a dent in returning him to strength and health that she will be able to do the rest on her own with no trouble at all.

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm still giggling six hours after reading it Jean :-)

C

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Jean said...

I haven't yet attempted to repair the damaged blankets. The gash on one sheet is over a foot long on two sides.

I must admit I am getting nice square rips.

I remember a wool cooler I had. The two horse broke into the tack room and after scattering everying about took the cooler for a good game of tug 'o war. When I got there it was in dozens of pieces. My beloved mother decided to rescue it and patchworked the thing together by hand. I used it for years after as a tribute to her sewing expertise.

Thus, my intimate knowledge of ripped sheets has given my fingers the glib talent of humor in the face of tragedy.

Now, I have a few sheets lolling about that desperately need repair. Are you available? *G*

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

I admit to profligate rug-wastage. They are so cheap now that I never bother to repair them any more, I just go and buy a new one for £35!

C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home