Safe delivery
I really couldn't have done any better than this for Tia. The new family are wonderful, with the younger girls already saying "she's mine next!" And everyone including Dad as pleased as punch with what a nice girlie she is. The stable yard is wonderful, under cover, with a lovely big stable and straw bed and rubber mats, and an arena just outside, and several acres of not-too-rich grassland to go out on. Her stable is straight opposite Asterix's, a show-class grey Highland gelding who was just dying to be allowed to talk to her. They've taken the address of this blog, so I think you'll be hearing from them later on today or sometime soon.
She knew that there was something up this morning. She'd been in the barn with the boys all night, but she wouldn't eat her breakfast. She hasn't done that since the week I bought her. Then she was sticky to load and took three tries before she agreed on the third one. She hasn't done that since two weeks after I bought her. I swear she knew that she was leaving for good, I really do!
The boys aren't fussed at all. I have put haylage on the yard because the weather is so awful, and they are all eating from the same pile. I didn't take Jazz to the dressage after all. I actually made the decision because poor Allan has been under the lorry fixing exhausts and lights and bits for the MOT for the last two days. I told him it was because I didn't want the bother of doing Jazz and Tia on the same day, but really I thought that he needed a break. He tried to pretend he didn't mind, but I could see the relief when I told him we were only delivering Tia.
Anyway, it paid off. My first test was timed at 11.50 and at 11.05 it started to rain and it has got heavier and heavier ever since. The last thing I need with Jazz at the moment is to compete in bad weather conditions. And anyway I hate doing dressage in the rain. And we got Sunday Roast in JDW instead. So my valiant self-sacrifice :-) was rewarded three-fold.
Back to some sort of normal routine tomorrow. A saddle on Tetley for the first time, to try and build up some muscle again. A schooling session for Jazz. Perhaps a lie over Zip's back if he's in a good mood (or if I am :-). Down to three. News tomorrow about when we might be down to two.
C.

16 Comments:
"And anyway I hate doing dressage in the rain." Me too. There's nothing quite like pouring water out of your boots when you get home. Or, having your horse spook at the windshield wipers in the judge's car--where he/she has to sit because the judge's booth is under water. Yuck.
Tia knew. Horses are more perceptive than people give them credit for. On the other hand, as concerned as she might have been, she is probably already in love with her new home and ownders.
By now she has probably been brushed a minimum of three times, had at least a pound of carrots or some other tasty treat, been told she was a grand girl about twenty times, and been hugged a dozen more.
Her new home sounds lovely as do her new young ladies. If they do drop by, I wish them all the happiness in the world. May every ride be a good one--but most of all, have fun. And give Ms. Tia a hug from her Aunt Jean, across the ocean. *G*
"Down to two"
Now you've got me worried! Is Tetley going again so soon??
Liz
ugghhhhh dressage in the rain.....its bad enough judging it, but riding it is miserable.
Glad to head that Tia has found a great home....and so quickly, you haven't half been on a whirlwind the last few weeks.
Great to have superhubby right by yourside through all of it.....where on earth did you find him?
Any more word about the place Tet's was staying at?
Oooh I shouldn't worry about Tetley Liz. He's got a great future to look forward to when he's f(a/i)t again :-)
C
By the way, I meant to mention that at this point we are going to all have to come up with some kind of SH award for Allan. I mean dinner or lunch is fine but don't you think he deserves a medal to wear signifying his status as the "man most of the women who read your blog would most like to marry?" *VBWG.
mandeigh, i'm not sure there's a lot to choose between judging or competing in the rain. is the car engine on or off? can you actually see out? freezing in there? can the writer feel her fingers? is lunch getting wet? where's the d*** coffee? how many miles to the loo?...
i'd rather do neither,
can we have a pic of SH?
Hi its Holly here Tia has settled in amazingly. I think the boys are in love with her. Maybe our chubby highland might lose some weight by staring at the long legged bay beauty across the fence!!!
I think she will be staying with us for a while as she already has a waiting list of my two sisters and my mum!!!
I intend to bond with her first and get to know her before we do anything, but hopefully in the summer we might be out competing.
Gosh wasn't the rain bad tonight?!! However, Tia behaved so well, in fact the boys were more frightened of the rain than her, who was happily munching on her haylage.
I cannot say how much this lovely lady means to me. I have saved up for ages by doing my job on Saturdays and babysitting ect, so I really can't believe I have such a stunning horse that I have worked so hard for. She is absolutely gorgeous and so well mannered. Thank you so much Caroline.
Hopefully I will see you in some shows, in the same class or not!!;-)
Please keep in touch and I would love to hear from you soon.
Thank you so much for letting us have such a beautiful girl. Tia is an absolute dream come true for me so I cannot say how happy I am to have her.
Holly
I'm sure that you'll find a lot of "hellos" in the next 24 hours Holly - people on here were rather fond of Tia and will want to know how she get on.
And you know I've told you - if we find ourselves competing against you then I shall have a word in her pretty little ear and remind her where her bread used to be buttered :-)
It's such good news that she ate her tea. She was a week with me before she would eat properly, so she must be very happy.
C.
Glad to hear Tia is already settled and that you love her to bits already!
I hope you have great fun and many sucesses with her Holly!
hi holly and welcome
You'll have to post something on your own blog (nice piccie, by the way) so those of us who "do the rounds" can comment on there as well....
Nice to see you here Holly and good luck with Tia. We are going to want to see photos when you are out and about with her!!
Holly!!! Hi!!! So absolutely delighted to read your post.
You have now joined the Smartie Blog team and are hereby authorized to post at regular intervals keeping us all informed about what is going on with our favorite lady, Ms. Tia.
I am here in the USA, so I will depend on you to keep me informed.
In the meantime, I am so happy for you and your family. Caroline has done a wonderful job training Tia and it's wonderful to know you will be keeping up her eventing career.
If you don't have a blog set up yet, please do. That way we can follow your career and hear all those cute little stories of how your boys fall in love with that beautiful lady in the next stall.
Congratulations and much love from across the ocean. All the best to you, your sisters and your mum in sharing the wonderful experience of a lovely horse.
Hi Holly, congratulations on buying such a super mare. She was Caroline's best horse, I kept trying to tell her that, but there's no accounting for choice is there. Fancy wanting a bigger horse!!!
Enjoy her, you'll be out doing stuff before you know it, once the ground dries up, everything seems possible much quicker.
Good luck with her and let us know how you get on.
Tracey B
Good god I go away for 10 days and the recently skeletal Tetley is looking positively chubby and you've sold a horse?!
I've been busting a gut and giving myself a hernia trying to pass my law exams (doing it part time with a full time job and a horse isn't much fun) but i'm thrilled to come back and read all the good news.
Holly - so pleased to hear how thrilled you are with Tia - and nothing more exciting than having worked hard and saved hard to afford her yourself. Well done!
Cassie
Hands off my husband Jean :-) 29 years of training have gone into producing such a superior product :-) :-) :-)
Mandeigh - NO.
Hi Cassie - we like to giveyou reasons to keep coming back :-) I must admit that I was surprised about the speed that Tia sold myself, but having found such super people, why hang around, eh?
C
Post a Comment
<< Home