Pictures from yesterday
See, we do do roll tops Mummy

Look no rider! And see that ditch too :-)

And this is what I have to sit on when he's not sure :-) Luckily, he doesn't twist in the air, so when I come down again there is still a horse underneath me. This fence has a very staring open ditch on the approach so I didn't blame him. We went back and did it better the second time.

10 Comments:
WOW.
And the cameraman did really well as well, is there no end to his talents?
I love the one with you behind the tree! That top pic looks great,
Those are some fairly challenging obstacles for such a green cross country horse. Beautifully constructed, though, and very inviting. Gorgeous countryside and the footing looks super.
Jazz looks to have quite a jump to him. He may be a little uncertain, but the enthusiasm in and interest are evident in his expression and attitude. Glad to know you put the superglue on the saddle before that last pic! *G*
I think you have the makings of one really nice event horse there. Way to go!!
Wow the pics look great, I love the one of you behind the tree.
The photos are a cheat Claire! They are frame grabs from video shots. It's easy to get a good action shot when you do it that way. SH was there though, which was the best thing!
Thanks Mandeigh, Jean, Holly. I don't have any doubt now that Jazz is truly a world class horse. It's up to me to tame the temperament enough to get the performance out of him without squashing the enthusiam.
I absolutely adore him. After nearly 5 months, I still feel so privileged (?) to own him.
C
ps Holly emailed me earlier and she has been jumping Tia and hacking her round the block and they are very pleased with her. I am delighted with how she has settled in her new home and that they are enjoying her so much. No coughs either!
Thats quite a jump he's got going on there...cool pics!
I know what you mean re taming the temperament..ive been trying for 10years :):)
Polo is a nightmare take him somewhere by himself and youve got half a chance of success ..but lord take him somewhere with a field companion (mares in particular) and he's quite literally a lunatic.
The worst bit is he tries every trick in the book to dump you..does kind of put you off a bit but I do keep trying :)
Nicola
Nicola I think you deserve an award for your guts and determination with that horse - Polo? hole in the middle - more like hole in the brain :-))))) ???
C
holly's started a nice blog with a picture but no posts..... ask her nicely to put something up and we can all track her progress and provide support...seems they do a riding gcse now!!
Has it really been five months already?!!
I was helping a friend with her riding GCSE, it's really hard compared to other subjects, for example with AQA to get top marks you have to show lateral work in a double bridle, at least of Medium level an/or jump a course of jumps of around 3ft plus, compared to other sports it just seemed a bit unfair. No way her 14hh pony was up to that!!
What's Holly's blog address? We have to visit and encourage her to post.
Mine is: www.follywoods.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
<< Home