No news is good news
Tia is a having a well deserved rest today. Her legs are a tiny bit filled, but you can only tell because she's a TB and usually they are so tight you can practically see through them :-) She did a lot of work yesterday and I'm pleased that her reaction to it isn't more extreme.
Tetley is sound, not just sound, but bouncing sound. I can't tell there is anything wrong with him at all. He has been more sound than not for a couple of weeks now and I am even beginning to hope that I can start jumping him soon. If this progress continues for April we'll give it a go. (Muriel he's on Cortaflex, so that may help answer your question on EE. He certainly shouldn't be this sound with arthritis in the hocks at this early stage in the disease. I am going to keep him on it for the rest of his life. I found a website selling a 480 day tub of it for under £190 so it's not even that expensive.)
Tia's entry for Bradwall is in the post. If she isn't ready I will have wasted £44, but it is worth that to give me an objective to get out there and train when the weather is still grot. I'd stay in bed all day otherwise :-( It's howling a hooligan outside right now.
Still waiting for the tape of the Selle Francais to arrive. I'm not keen on one of his pictures - he is standing with his hocks out behind him. I'm not a stickler for perfect conformation (ask Tetley!!!) but I do like a horse to stand on top of his legs :-)
C.

count

5 Comments:
Good news then.
I am glad that the cortaflex does work for Tetley. I might get somer for Morgan. but I want his owner to have him checked by the vet first.
I am very curious about this Selle Français. Do you know if he was bred in England?
How exciting! I am always very keen on new story ;-)
Take her hunting - you know it makes sense :-)
Alternatively pairs hunter trial?
Caroline - Yup - Felix makes sure I only fall off on dry ground with no-one looking :-)
Nic
Hi Caroline, can you put the website up with the cortaflex pls.
Julie (keela):-)
He's an "accident" Muriel, by repute only he is by so there is no proof, but she has been amazingly honest about all his problems so I don't see why she would lie about that.
Nic hunting would do her the world of good, you're right and I hadn't thought of it. I'll check the drag intinerary and see if there's a good one nearby soon. I'm a tad worried about whether her feet are up to hunting standard yet, you can be a bit out of control of the ground conditions as you know. Great idea though.
Keela - www.horseandponysales.co.uk/cortaflex.html I think that's it, but I can't look at the whole of it while I'm online on this, so if that doesn't work, start from the .co.uk bit and follow the site.
oops missed a bit - sire's bloodlines are Rosire HN, French International showjumper. He jumped into the mother's field when he wasn't supposed to :-)
Keela, there is no l on the "html" otherwise that's right.
C
Post a Comment
<< Home