Tired but happy
Tia is tired today after her outing yesterday but she seems very happy. She's had the day off, as she well deserves it. Tam and Emma have been to see her and will no doubt tell you what they think of her. She's not eating up as well as usual today, and it will be interesting to see if that is her normal response to the excitement of being away from home or if she gets used to it. She is eating, but slowly and with more interest in what's out in the field.
The news on Tetley today is fab. I took him out for an hour hack on the road and I was completely and totally unable to tell that there was supposed to be anything wrong with him. He didn't prefer one diagonal to the other, and he stonked off downhill. Those are the two things that give it away if anything does. But there was simply not a sign of lameness at all. I don't expect that to last, but what a boost it has been to have him do it today. He was the same yesterday, but since that was on a perfect schooling surface I thought nothing of it.
Tetley's feet continue to improve more than 18 months after his shoes came off. His heels are deeper (looking from the inside) than they have ever been, and much stronger. Tia's shoes have been off four weeks yesterday and we tried a shoe back on her today - her toe is about a quarter inch further back than the shoe would be if it was fitted, and her heel is already wider than the shoe. Her feet are looking very sweet indeed.
I am so pleased that you like the look of Tia everyone. She is working out so unbelievably well that I am just holding my breath in case everything falls apart!
C.

4 Comments:
I can sum Tia up in one word - gorgeous! She is beautiful and has the kindest softest eye. She's a charmer for sure! I thinks she's fabulous Caroline - and you know I love Tetley too. I can't wait to be at the T Team supporters club (was that it or was it Tea Team?)polishing your boots! Ha-ha!
Well I think Tam put it brilliantly :D She's a real sweetie - I think temperament is probably the most important thing to get right when buying a horse and it looks like you now have two horses who will try their hardest to please you...jealous does not even begin to sum up how I feel :D :P
Really impressed with their feet too, you'd never know Tia had only had her shoes off a few weeks!
I'm also looking forward to Bradwall but I'll leave the boot polishing to Tam since she's so keen! :P
Great news on both horses, Tia looks lovely. Any chance of some feet pictures, would be great to see the change in Tetley particularly (I remember the dinner plates!)
ooh, hope the orange donkey is OK ann..... no breath holding here.
Tracey I don't know if the change in Tetley's feet will really show on a photo. The heels were probably 5/8 inch deep and are now 7/8 so it might not photograph. I'll have a go and see what comes out.
No-one needs to see pics of Tia's feet - look in a barefoot textbook :-) ! They are already clippy clopping on the road and her previous farrier clearly did an excellent job with the shoeing. Plus a summer without shoes probably did her a lot of good last year.
C.
Post a Comment
<< Home