Saturday, April 10, 2010

Away from home.

Radar is away for the night. I rode him up to my friend's place and he is turned out in a field there. We are going in her lorry to the farm ride tomorrow and it will save her having to make a lengthy diversion to come and pick us up. It should be fun. The forecast is great and I really feel like doing a bit of jumping.

I walked Campero on the arena today and he seemed fine on that in hand. He is feeling the stones quite a lot with his newly flat feet, but we just have to wait this phase out, I think. I am hoping that it is not the IR causing this sensitivity because I'm not sure how much of a future he will have if he can't cope even without grass. It's just a waiting game for a week or two until his foot grows more and gives him the attachment internally that will lift his pedal bones off the floor and allow his soles to concave. They feel so good and hard, and his eating is so steady, that I can't quite believe that it's a laminitic response, though it looks so similar that it's a big worry. There is no sign of an abscess today, so maybe that was just a bruise, though it's difficult to understand how he could have got one. He is one big puzzle right now. On a more positive note, thoguh, the one thing that isn't a problem is navicular!

I took Jazz out for a little whizz and I had to tighten his curb chain (twice!) to control him. I wanted a relaxed canter around the field, not a dive into a gallop for home from off a hilltop! It is so lucky that he responds to a curb chain, he'd be totally unmanageable otherwise.

C

2 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Sounds as if you and Radar are in for a good time tomorrow! What fun!

I guess Campero's status is kind of erratic for now. Could be just normal progress in a case like his??

As for Jazz, cheeky boy. I guess he just wanted to have a bit of fun too....rather exciting, nonetheless. Glad you had that chain on!! *S*

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

Radar was grand on the farm ride. Lovely boy.

C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home