NOT you know who
I have received a complaint from the established occupants of the stable yard that they are not getting their fair share of this blog.
I am therefore reporting that the little furball lost a tooth cap on the yard yesterday. He wants to know how much he can expect from the tooth fairy :-) He is three this year and a big boy now. How I am EVER going to get rid of the rug he grea for himself over the winter I have no idea. It's coming out, quite literally, in fistfuls big enough to block the yard drains!!
Radar has been copper deficient over the winter and his old coat has turned quite red. There are parts of him which are a red bay colour. Do you remember that George went brown ?- that was the same thing but I thought it was the sun. Turns out we have high manganese levels and that prevents them using copper and they need it supplemented. The result is that radar now looks very very odd, with a brindle coat of patches of jet black spring coat and red old winter coat. Sort of like a mutant dobermann, without the floppy ears.
Jazz this morning did a super session inside the barn since it was raining. We were working at piaffe, trying to get a very collected trot so slow that it stays on the spot. He's very close indeed, just a matter of time.
While we are talking about piaffe I must just mention "that horse". Picture this. I am out for a hack and I stop for each car that passes because the road is too narrow. The aids for piaffe are "go forward" and "don't go forward" at the same time. You know who wants to go home and I want him to stop. So he piaffes. Every car that passes, we are sat at the side of the road in piaffe. Grin or what!?
There, said I wasn't going to mention "the Spanish one" on this one and I haven't boys, honest.
C

4 Comments:
i did passage once the same way ....getting it again will be a whole other ballgame, however!
I can get it every time Claire :-))))) Those Portuguese have a lot to answer for!
C
Ooooops, I won't tell about that last part, if you don't? *G*
Buttie's tooth must be worth at least a pound, don't you think....of carrots, that is. Perhaps you can stuff a couch or something with his shedding?
There is a supplement here in the USA put out by Cheval called "Black as Knight." Wonder if it has copper in it?
Jazz is getting pretty impressive. Tell him I am in awe. Maybe that will make him feel appreciated.
I shall not mention that "other horse."
It's a bit like "the Scottish play" isn't it Jean????? Shhhhhhhhhhhh!
C
Post a Comment
<< Home