I spy with my little eye, something beginning with "k"
So there I was, pootling down the road on Radar, having locked the gate behind me so no-one could nick the Aygo, when I spotted something metallic in the ditch by the side of the road. "What's that?", thought I. "A key? What's that doing there?" It looks like an Aygo key. It IS an Aygo key, how very odd that someone should accidentally have dropped that there two days after we had one stolen. Derrrrr. It IS the one we had stolen!!!!
It's a terrific relief in several different ways. One is that we will not have to claim on the insurance for lock replacements (£1000plus), two is that we still have the use of a car while we shop for a replacement for the Prius. Three is that it was definitely a steal to order. They wanted nothing but the Prius and they watched and waited until they could get it. They didn't want the Aygo, they only took that key in case it was the right one. There didn't want my money or credit cards. They didn't want to burgle us, they just wanted THAT car. Who knows why, it's nearly four years old and only worth £7-8,000. I know that's plenty, but really if they were going to go to that much trouble you'd think that they's pinch a big BMW or Merc, wouldn't you?
Anyway, Radar and I carried on our ride (after I had got the key of course). He was a bit of a prat. Too fit, too full of spring and no two paces the same length.
I might try riding Campero for a few minutes later on, or I might ride Jazz. Or neither. Choices, choices.
C

9 Comments:
Hurrah on finding the key!
Ride Campero, then we can all get an update on how he feels when you're on top! Do you ever have days when you spend so long trying to decide who to ride than you end up not riding? I do and I always feel rather daft for it :-D
x
Glad you found the other key! That saves you a lot of trouble.
In regard to the Prius, I am sorry to say that some cars are worth more for parts than whole. Your little sweetie is probably in pieces right now being shipped all over Europe. Don't know anything about the Agyo, but I do know Toyotas are prime candidates for "chop shops" here in the USA.
Isn't it nice to have such a good selection of horses to choose from? Campo might appreciate the extra attention.
Just looked up the Aygo, also a Toyota. We do not have that model in the US. I guess a mini commuter car is not as popular as the Prius. I know here the Toyota Camry is supposedly at risk for theft too.
Sarah I DO! I thought it was only me. Don't you just feel such a prat when the light has gone and you STILL haven't decided who to ride?? :-))
I already know that Campo rides much smaller than Jazz, who is the same height, and that his lateral work is to die for!
The Prius has a battery bank in it worth as much as the whole car Jean, I guess that may be the problem. Replacement battery bank - £7,000. Nick someone else's car - free.
I'm sure Campo will love the attention and I'm dead keen to get on him Jean, but I'm just not quite happy about one of his heels. The inside heel of the near fore looks as if it is missing height, and he stands with more weight on the other foot. Until he stops doing that I'm reluctant to put more pressure on his feet :-( He is very happy with the new regime - loose on the yard 9am-7pm and loose in the barn 7pm -9am and is moving more freely in general today than yesterday. It's all looking really positive, it's just a matter of time now.
C
Brilliant that you found that key! A small relief :)
Spring is definitely in the air, glad Radar is feeling so well although hacks with a jigging horse can be tiresome ;)
Hope Campo's feet even up soon!
You did pick the key up trying to avoid disturbing any finger prints and have now rung the police to see if SOC will print if for you didn't you?
Tracey S
how can a battery bank on a car (and, btb, thought they only had one battery) be worth more that the car itself? that's mad! but glad you found the key for t'other
madder than my saddle being worth more than my horse, LOL
Ooh interesting Danni. Campo's better foot, which was his worse one which had more treatment (is this significant???) is now shedding "false sole" and rapidly gaining a normal "shovel" profile. The one he is now lamer on is lagging behind.
Tracey I didn't bother, the key had been in a running stream for two days. We were lucky it still worked.
The Prius is a hybrid with an electric and a petrol engine, Claire. It has a bank of batteries in it for the electric motor.The batteries are warranteed for seven years. At the end of seven years it would cost you £7000 to replace the batteries, but at that point the car itself would be worth peanuts if it had an end of life battery bank and only a couple of thou if the batteries still had life in them.
C.
Ah, that's a shame, glad you got it back though.
Tracey S
Post a Comment
<< Home