Thursday, October 01, 2009

By Jove I think he's got it!

I had been losing heart with trying to teach Buttie to bow recently, as he seemed not to be getting it. Yesterday he had his third flu jab done, and I thought I would show the Vet his "ask" trick, where he waves one paw in the air. He did that one so easily that I tried "bow", not expecting anything. Blow me down, he put one paw forewards and bowed his head to the floor! Now that he has got that, we can start asking him to bend the other knee, and soon he should have the cutest "bow" imaginable! When he's got it, I'll take a video and put it on uTube.

I am so happy about what happened with Radar yesterday (or was it radaR that I was riding yesterday, I forget?). Very relieved to find out that his enthusiasm for jumping is undimmed. And very happy to have worked out a little better how to manage him this Saturday. They have moved the meet closer to home than it was scheduled for and the weather forecast is great, so hopefully things are moving in our favour!

Radar already needs another clip (he only had the first two weeks ago), so that might keep me busy this afternoon.

C

6 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Bless Button's little buttons....how cute is that? He must have been thinking about that trick ever since the last time you tried it, until his brain connected and he decided to do it on his own. *G* (You know, Radar/radaR might not be the brightest bulb in the pack, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't prefer riding him than someone as clever as Buttie. Before you knew it, he'd have the saddle on you you'd be cantering off under him.)

The weekend outing sounds really promising. Good weather, close venue, and one heckofa jumping horse. What could be better?

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said...

I cant' wait to see the little trickster!

This is the season when the horses are furiously growing their winter coats. Tetley needs a clip too.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

I certainly wouldn't want a horse of RadaR's size to have brains as big as Buttie's. You'd never be able to control him!

I'm hoping to show you him in person one day ML

C

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said...

ooh, I would like that! As soon as we know our future we can make plans.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Nicola said...

Ahhh cant wait for the picture!
I clipped Ali last weekend. I did it early (for me) this year because last year his winter coat was like rabbit fur and it took me 3days and 3sets of blades to do a low trace I did not want a repeat of that!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

Buttie blunted mine for the same reason this spring Nicola.

Buttie will look forward to meeting you ML!

C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home