Monday, August 11, 2008

Oh ecstasies!

First George. He's fine, no lumps, bumps or any apparent strains. He's standing in the field asleep and looking very happy.

Then Zip, in the barn because I was feeling like a very quiet day, being tired and a little stiff myself. My stiffness affected him and I had to concentrate on the pair of us staying loose, and I knew I had it right when he offered some wonderful trot strides. The stronger he gets the more his trot punches off the floor. It'll be interesting to see just how good it gets because he is nowhere near his full strength yet.

Then Bumble. I love him! I planned just to do a bit of trot/halt/trot. He wasn't picking up the trot so I tapped him with the whip, while giving him a firm contact to go forward to. Boy did he get the message - down went the bum, up came the shoulders, punch went the stride, and then on the third or fourth time he did that "jump" into a halt that you see the really top class horses do. I stopped there. You just can't better that feeling!

C.

4 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Glad George is OK. As I watched the crashes a the Olympics I thought of you, mostly because many of them were after the fences. Kept wondering how sore the horses were going to be.

Britain is doing well. The US dropped with some problems. Don't know why Becky Holder's horse stopped. Karen O'Connor had a refusal at the second to last fence as many others did. Too much decision making for her horse--one of the least experienced horses in the competition. She must really be aching for Theodore O'Conner--that course was tailor made for a handy pony like he was.

Bet George could have handled a lot of those fences. The tricky turns a lines--maybe not, but the straightfoward ones. But so many technical decisions--great course.

Zip is going to be a powerhouse. What fun he will be to ride!

And, uhm..."Bumble??!!" Have to laugh. I come up with all kinds of nicknames for my Boys too. He too has a real talent for the flatwork. Makes it a pleasure to school.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

Well he bumbles around so happily in the field :-)

C

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said...

Glad you are all in good shape today. It's often the day after that strains appear. I too wondered at "Bumble". I find myself saying "Tetters" these days.

ML

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

I called him Tittle Tattle !

You did fantastically well at the weekend!

C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home