A boost to a rainy day
Horrible day with the boys inside all day and now all night too, since it's blowing a gale, rainy and cold to boot. But doesn't your heart rise when the photographer sends these pix of George from his first cross country after I broke my arm?
This is the unfinished bridge that I agreed with SH I would not jump. He went mad, my friends said, when he saw me head for it! I know it was a stupid thing to do, but we got away with it.

This is notable because it is the last fence, and shortly before jumping it George had fallen over completely on a turn and I fell off. I got a leg up and then he jumped like this even though I was radiating negativity.

This one you've seen before, only with PROOF written large all over it!

I feel a lot better about the weather now!
C
ps anyone who uses bute take a look at my last comment yesterday.

8 Comments:
You know, George looks angry at that last fence, almost as if he is bound and determined to attack it in retribution for the totally unfair fall. Look at those ears of his!
I can see why SH did not want you to jump the bridge. That is one challenging jump!
You have rain and we have heat. Not the finest summer I've seen.
Woaw C.
These photos are very impressive! I agree with Jean, George looked very pissed off at that last fence. He is such an outstanding horse!
Regarding Bute .. are you allowed to buy BUTE without prescription?
Here in Fasciste Italy, you cannot have any medecine, unless they have prescription, even so ...
We had a control, Very scary. They can search all our lockers ect... we will be fine for keeping medecine around 1000 euros!
Yep it is a fasciste country :-p
Yes his usual smiley face isn't quite there, but considering the tumble before hand and the unusual nature of the fence, fair enough.
I'd give my eye teeth to have a few photos of me and my mare looking that accomplished!!
Can I have some bute please, about 30 sachets would be good for the medicine cabinet. (I don't care about legality...between friends!!)
Cheers
Tracey B
Muriel don't ask awkward questinos :-)))) Belgium obviously doesn't need prescriptions for the animal meds, so why should we? They send them in a plain box. Over here, every stables has some bute, and all the big stables keep antibiotics, all with the vets permission. My own vet gives me surplus cat antibiotics too, but I can get these without having to take the cat down to the vets.
Tracey can you email me?
Jean I have a photo of him landing which is the one that I meant to buy and the photographer sent this one by mistake. I'll post the proof and you'll see that he is really just asking ME if I really want to jump it, because I didn't!! It confused him.
C
Problem with blogger? It does not let me post or save my draft! But I can comment of all your blog???
Do you know where I can ask what is happening???
amazing. you'll never sell him....
I will if Zippy jumps well Claire, because you can't compare George's flatwork with Zippy's and he'll never be able to do what Zip can. Just think what fun he'll give a competitive teenager once I've done with him :-) !
C
loving the pics! He's a real pro....well you always wanted a fun horse and now you have got one!
My vets lways handed me out bute and antibiotics if I ask for them!
Bad news is Roh is havin to go to horsey hospital to get scoped as there is just something going on up that nostril.... :-(
Post a Comment
<< Home