I'm going to thcream and thcream until I'm thick!
Blimey Jazz was in a bad mood today! I decided on some disciplined, correct walk work, but he was fighting not to work straight and over his back. At one point I was sure he was going to explode out through the fence. He managed to contain himself just as I was planning to take him indoors for safety (mine!!). I put him on the quarter line to get him straight. I find this works with horses though I have no idea why it's easier than at the edge of an unfenced arena?
Finally I got him straight and you should have HEARD the grumbles. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if you did! He moaned and he groaned and he whinged and he whined. He's a very vocal horse, it's one of his most endearing features, and he certainly made it clear that he didn't want to be working today.
However, having got him straight, the trot that then happened was fantastic, and I could lengthen and shorten it with absolute ease. The lengthening is happening. It's not spectacular by any means, but it is beginning to happen. I'm being careful not to rush it, which has been a big fault of mine in the past.
George improved today as well. I actually had enough energy left after getting a decent trot to work on some canter transitions. He was hard work, but he improved from "desperately dreadful" to "almost acceptable" in half a dozen transitions coming back to trot after a few strides each time.
Zippy is knackered. He's spent all day lying down! He was sound asleep with his nose in the dirt this morning, you know how they lie down but with their neck up? He had his head propped on the end of his nose - very cute!! His front legs are a little puffy, showing how much work he did. I'm not worried about that because they are very tightly defined, and the slightest filling shows up completely, just like a TB.
I am very happy with my lovely tribe today!
C

7 Comments:
I'm glad your PSG dressage horse is evolving !!
Seriously it must feel great when you get it right with the pair of them...what a lovely image of Zippy 'crashed out' in the field too.
Very envious of your day - it sounds perfect.
Louise
I have to admit that I do hope to eventually achieve tempi changes with Jazz and Zippy. It's a long held dream of mine and they both have hte makings of it, I think.
Ooooh oooh!! Tempis are so much fun!!Jazz'll do them for sure, and I have no doubt about The Zip.
Jazz certainly is a funny fellow. I guess once the fence wasn't there to "hold him up," he finally decided he'd have to do it himself. But, not without some pretty vocal protest. I was wondering what all that noise was I heard during the morning at school. *lol* Guess Jazz was the source.
Good for George. He is getting it little by little. It's probably as hard for his brain to wrap around as it is for his body.
And Zip! *G* How utterly cute. Gotta love him.
Polo's a grunter:)))
Should have got a pic of Zip would have been cute to see...I use my phone so I dont miss the nice moments.
I am taking offense taht you say that Jazz has a small brain OOh!
I think he is the worrier type. I am teh same, I like to have clear pattern things under the control. I am not happy with the unexpected.
So I think it is not about inteeligence but more how insecure Jazz feels.
George is less complicated. Zip is going to be bold.
Yep you miss a photo oportunity!
Sorry for my disastrous spelling!
I am becoming computer dyslexic, or maybe my fingers are ^-^
Hi Muriel, I like your typos, their fun!
C
Post a Comment
<< Home