G whizz!
I took George out for a whizz to get him sharper for Saturday. He loves a gallop! On the way up to the interval training field, he was doing all the stuff he does when I school to avoid properly using his back. So I kept him off the smooth tracks and put him on the rough, bumpy, tussocky grass and gave him a loose rein. There George, balance, or fall over! It worked really well, just like it did with Tia. Aren't I lucky to have such a range of schooling aids :-) ???
When I got back I schooled Zippy on the outdoor surface. What a canter transition he has. A quiet, big, step up and through into a balanced and rounded canter. He doesn't get it all the time, but most of the time he does. I had to canter him to get him to settle, and he went off on the wrong lead. I thought, "he'll stop and change it soon" but he didn't He counter cantered a perfect bend. Then another. And another. And in case you have the image of his piling round out of balance like a typical 4 year old, think again. This was elementary level quality counter canter :-0 Somehow I don't think that counter canter is going to present him with any training difficulties, do you? Every time I start to think "this is the one I could sell most easily", they do something that makes me think I couldn't possibly part with them!
Jazz had today off, and competes locally at dressage and showjumping tomorrow, for the first time in a very long while. We'll see what happens, shall we?
C

8 Comments:
Good luck tommorrow...will SH be videoing?
Maybe, depends how he feels!
C
good luck!
Good luck!
They are obviously all determind to hang onto their spot there:)
Good Luck for tomorrow!
Louise
His future may depend upon what he does!!
C
Have a feeling the dressage will go really well. The jumping? Well, that's the true test.
Meantime, George is shining again. Now, if your dressage arena at the event is all lumpy and bumpy, it will be the best test ever. *evil grin*
Did Zipster steal Tucker's counter canter? Now I know where it went. Please ask him to send it back. Thanks. *lol*
Zippy says that it was rather fun and would Tucker mind if he borrowed his counter canter for a bit longer :-) ?
C
Post a Comment
<< Home