Well it can't be good every day....
Either the boys were both lumpy today or they had a lumpy rider. I have a cold AGAIN and I think I'm at least half responsible. They look as if they are getting a lot of grass - from their behaviour and their poo. At any rate, none of us had an especially good time. I got off Jazz at one point and went and mucked out stables for 5 minutes, to stop a disagreement turning into a fight.
Both of them were just looking to run around as flat as pancakes. Attempts to get them to round up a bit were "mistaken" constantly for an aid to go up a gear. Often, they were going up a gear with no aid at all. They just wanted to run. And we were indoors AGAIN because of the rain AGAIN.
So still no cross country training for Jazz :-((((
We did get some good trot/halt from Jazz and some very nice walk work from Zip, so all was not lost, but it's not a grin-all-day day today!
A barefoot friend (actually she was wearing rather a nice pair of black suede boots when she came round to pick me up to go out, but you know what I mean) saw Jazz's feet last night and was stunned. "It's not a line, it's more of a step" she said. I was pleased that she didn't think I'd been exaggerating - I had told her about it the day before, and it was more striking in real life than she had thought it would be.
Zip began to eat properly again the day after I said I thought he was teething, so I think the tooth has dropped out OK. Both of them continue to clean up with the limestone flour in their food.
I am off for three days tomorrow helping my sister in law celebrate her 50th birthday. We hope (against hope? :-) to get Jazz out schooling on Monday if the weekend dries up the course.
C.

7 Comments:
three days to celebrate a 50th? I tried not to celebrate it at all....
I told a friend who's partner is a top horse vet in N Yorks about jazz's feet, she said he'd be really interested in that (mind, last time i mentioned barefoot to him we nearly fell out, for a young man he's very traditional!)
Lumpy? Sounded kind of flat and fast to me. *G* Silly boys. Maybe the rain is just getting to them. I would think it would be as frustrating to them as it is to you.
Glad to know someone is willing to celebrate 50 years. Most people want to run and hide. I didn't make a big deal about it myself, but I didn't try to pretend it wasn't there either. Ah well, wish her my best for the Happiest of Birthdays, and many more to come!
She is right to celebrate HALF a century! Great!
It is a cultural thing to tell your age or not. it is better acepted in France and in Italy, peopel were surprised in the UK that I was not ashame to tell my age ???
Good for you not picking a fight! Did you clean well that stable? You are so funny! Are you sure you are not latin with that temper??
Ah but we are just about to go off and cuddle some tigers at a privte zoo, Claire - that's worthy of admitting you're 50, eh?????
I want to cuddle a baby gorilla or orang, for my 50th in the spring, but I can't get anyone to let me at the moment, no matter how much money I offer! Anyone know anyone who's got primates??????
C
Latin? Not that I know of, but Cornish, which is well known for being feisty, a bitlike the Scots, Irish and Welsh. I used to fight my horses, but you just end up so mad with yourself later, and about ten years ago I learnt to get off and go and do something else instead! Besides, no-one would win a fight with Jazz - he'd just climb the walls, literally :-)
Must go, tigers are calling.
C
Ha ha enjoy the tigers...private zoo!:0
I get days when I feel totally crooked and well its hard to explain but just not right but the next day fine..never been able to figure it out.
I nead to learn to get off then I still fight at times.....
I've got 15 yers on you, haven't I Nicola, at least 15? You'll get there!
C
Post a Comment
<< Home