Back in his pen!
Well he couldn't have chosen a worse time to explode than just as I was going to get them in last night, could he? Oh I guess so, he could have done it when he could carry on until he wore himself out. I looked out of the window at 6 last night and I saw him just suddenly up sticks and do a 0-60 take-off. Even Zippy looked momentarily stunned, before joining in with glee. I went out and stopped them, but boy oh boy was he going for it!
I put them away for the night when they had calmed down. I suppose it shows he can breathe! He seemed so incredibly excited and I couldn't see what about and neither could Zip. Maybe it was even excitement that he'd realised he could breathe?
I went out to check him at midnight and to my horror he coughed. I thought it might just have been a bit of haylage in his throat, so I got them to trot round and he coughed again. Nothing serious, just a light cough, but I haven't heard him cough for at least two weeks.
This morning I was very worried as I went outside about what I might find. But there is no heat, no swelling anywhere and no fluid collecting under his jaw. Surely if he'd done anythign serious like pulling a cartilage out of place then there would be some sign? But he is coughing once if asked to trot round the barn. Maybe that's a total coincidence, but if so it's desperately bad timing!!
Anyway, holiday departure has been delayed by an hour while I made another paddock on a less worn part of the field. I've done a C shape so that they feel like they are in a big space while actually having no space to get up any speed. Jazz has wombled out there perfectly happily this morning and all I can do now is go on holiday and wait and see. We're off, bye!
C

5 Comments:
oh dear.
of course it might be something totally unrelated...I do hope so. nothing to can do, no point saying don't worry as you will (and you aren't about to be said it to anyway...)
hope you have a good holiday and they're both ok when you return...
Have great holiday en amoureux. Superhubby deserves it.
I hope your monsters ... I mean your boys will behave ^-^
Well, that is a bit of a worry. Still, Jazz could have managed some sort of run regardless if he'd decided to crash through a fence earlier. Chalk it up to "one of those things." Hopefully he is just fine. And, yes, if he'd done something to the surgery site, I would think there would be evidence.
Do try to have a worry-free, fun holiday. You deserve it and SH more than deserves it for all the hard work and help he's given you.
we're back, had a great time, the boys seem fine. Tomorrow the fence is coming down for good. And I'm going to ride Jazz!!!!!!!!!!!
More tomorrow of course.
C
yeeehaaaa, better get SH ready with the camera...we'll be wanting evidence!
Post a Comment
<< Home