She's fit and well.
You'll be pleased to hear that there is not a mark on Tia to show for her exertions yesterday. She is happy and well :-)
Tetley handled a decent half hour of schooling well today. Some very nice walk, trot and canter. He didn’t feel obviously lame, or even slightly lame. He did grind his teeth at times in the trot, and his hock collapsed once when he stepped wrong. But on the whole he seemed perfectly happy to do some really nice work. It is hard surfaces giving him trouble right now, so we need to stay away from them for a few days.
I have been talking to Superhubby about whether Caddy is going to turn into a class horse or stay a very pretty, but riding club level, horse. We agreed that it was too soon to tell, and that he has too much promise of turning into something really good to give him up yet.
Anyway, he must have heard me talking about the possibility of selling him, because his work today was really good. He has shoulder in, he is trying hard to do travers, and on his very first time of asking he did turn on the forehand in each direction. I've had ex racers go completely beserk from the "stress" of being asked to turn on the forehand! His trot was rythmic and in a really nice outline. I started a bit of canter work today and although he is generally throwing himself into it, he did accept a few clear half halts and round up for a stride or two, which is great going for his stage of training.
I really would have liked to drop from three to two for the winter, but it looks like it'll be three!
C

2 Comments:
Ah, simpler scoring coversion than I remember. 59.5. Well done!
You must wait until Caddy matures to make any decisions. I know it's hard, but he still has some developing to do. Think about how much Tia has changed in the time you have had her. Give Caddy a bit longer to finish growing and then you will have a feel for his potential. The change from 5-6 can be dramatic.
Tetley is such an honest soul. He reminds me of my PJ, solidly trying even through his own discomfort. (Unlike Toby, who would tantrum and maybe even Tucker who clearly demonstrates his displeasure.)
My first Thoroughbred, Russell, always gave me all he had too, even if he was sore somewhere. Guess I didn't know how special that was till now.
So you're eventing again on Saturday? Super. My next show is Oct.8. We will be working on relaxing his back so the stride comes through all the time between now and then. Hope the weather holds up.
I hope we're out again Saturday Jean, we have the tail end of a hurricane heading our way apparently :-0
C
Post a Comment
<< Home