Thursday, August 24, 2006

Winter's on the way!

I've ordered in the haylage and it's coming on Saturday. That can only mean one thing - winter is coming. Now hasn't THAT thought cheered you all up :-) ????

C

3 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Poor Tia. I hate it when the weather changes so dramatically and I am at work so I can't change blankets. My sympathy.

Prolotherapy injects a solution into the joint that stimulates the ligaments to tighten by building up tissue. Kind of like using a blister to stimulate scar tissue in horses.

I think my doctor is one of only 2 in the US who does the stem cell therapy to help regrow cartilege. He uses my blood to get the stem cells. He also injects ozone into the joint as pure oxygen stimulates healing. I am not cured, but much better than I was before his treaments.

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Jean said...

Winter's coming is a mixed blessing this year. Summer here has been miserable. The rain brought more flies, mosquitoes and biting critters than I have ever seen. In between, we had horrible, almost intolerable heat. My riding has really suffered due to weather, since I do not have an indoor.

I love fall, but am not keen on winter, mostly because of its unpredictability.

I guess, ultimately, that's one of the true challenges of riding. It's not a sport for the faint of heart or the "hothouse" flower afraid to get dirty, cold, wet, or miserable.

Every summer, I wish for the winter and every winter, I wish for the summer. This time, I am looking for a long, golden autumn.

I have hay on hand all year. My prima donnas hang out in their stalls during the bug season, so I am always supplementing. Meanwhile I have to figure out how to mow the overgrown pasture with my lawn mower--now sitting by the house with a flat tire...well, at least I managed to get the daily edition of the newspaper out after it wedged itself in the blades the last time I mowed....*sigh*

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

Jean I meant to respond to a comment you made days ago. I completely agree with your person who says only the bits that the tack touches need to be clean. And I've never made a bed in my adult life!


C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home