PHOTOS!
EDIT
ooooooooooooooooooooooooops sorry I was tired!
Thanks for rescuing me Em.
Site is photo-synergy.com
Photo numbers are correct, OK I mixed up 61 and 63, one has a jump in and one not. SJ page 10. XC page 13.
When you look at them please don't judge my riding too badly - some of her jumping is a little wild, if enthusiastic and staying on board is the first challenge :-)
ORIGINAL
The Rodbaston photos are up. The supplier makes it as difficult for me to show you them as possible, so I'm afraid that the best I can do is send you to www.photosynergy.co.uk, look under events for showjumping Thursday and cross country Thursday.
In showjumping go to page 11. Our photos are 0910, 11, 12, 13 and 14. If you only have time for one make it 0914. Double click the little photo and it will blow up to a bigger one. If you can't see the little photo (they don't always load) click the empty space above it and the bigger shot will still come up.
In cross country go to page 13. Our photos are 1157 to 1163. NUmbers 61 and 63 are the best. 63 is particularly nice though there's no jump in it! The fences in the pix are TWO and THREE, so she had not got into any sort of stride and you'll see how green she is. It's clear that I'm riding far too long and I'll be at least a hole or maybe two, shorter on Saturday and better able to stay with her.
What do you think?
C

12 Comments:
Ok, if I wanted to look at lasers, I'd have looked for lasers. Whatever is up with using the address you posted from here in the USA, I am not getting photos of you and Tia! Something I need to know about the web address? I pasted it in my browser with no luck...just lasers. *Sigh*
Isn't google wonderful? The web address I found the photos at is http://www.everybodysmile.biz/photosynergy/ ...there's just one problem, for the showjumping the numbers you listed aren't on page 11 and there is a jump in the cross country photo number 1163...unless I'm going mad...it's possible
I'll bring my camera for Somerford :D Not sure how I'll get the photos to you over your super slow connection though ;) :P ...could post them on my msn account for peeps to see...I really should be asleep instead of on here...oops
Thank you em!! I tried a Google search but obviously used the wrong technique.
You do need to shorten your stirrups. You'll have a much stronger position. What a lovely expression Tia has, though, very "into the job." She still does have that "green" look over the fences with a tendancy to over jump with that "oh my what's that down there" appearance, but she certainly took an athletic approach to the whole affair.
I'm not too impressed with the photos themselves as the photographer didn't always choose the best angle or spot to shoot from. I suppose it's a problem when they try to get shots of all the riders, but you'd think they might position themselves at the side or front of a nice cross country fence to get a really good look at the jump instead of the view from behind. *sigh*
Regardless, they are a treasure. Every "first" needs pics.
Can't you keep 3 horses? I mean, if you want a new youngster, so be it, but you need Tetley and I am beginning to think Tia needs you.
(I have 3 boys. What's one more?)
well done em, will now go look!
the show jumping photos are on page 10, not 11, but the numbering is correct.
Tia is thoroughly enjoying herself!
I agree about the stirrup length for jumping though, does look a shade long!
Hmm after staring at lasers. I found the site, Thanks Em ;-)
But I do not recognise you. i think I do for the SJ, but not for the cross.
Where are you? I wouldlike to see the pics!
and the results are up
http://www.britisheventing.com/BEEvents/HorseResults/Hrs67797.html
///the show jumping photos are on page 10, not 11, but the numbering is correct.///
Thanks Claire, there were photos numbering the same on page one which weren't Tia, I didn't realise there were more of the same number on page 10 and at twenty to one in the morning my brain wasn't really functioning!
Caroline - no judgement of your riding here, Tia might look a little green but I honestly wouldn't know it was her first event, she looks confident and happy which I assume is what you were aiming for, well done :D
Yes my stirrups do look long don't they? But I am already riding FOUR holes shorter than I hack at that length. One of the reasons why I won't keep her forever is that she really is quite small for me. I'd like something bigger for longer term. And she will have SUCH fun with a competitive teenager, won't she?
////she looks confident and happy
I was particularly pleased at how her ears are so forward even when she is clearly not quite in control!
yehaaaaa wild alright...she wasn't going to touch any of those fences was she! Looks like she is really taking them on.
I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»
ps - mary king goes up 11 holes from dressage length to xc length! :-O
I go up 8 on Tetley but less on a horse which I don't know or seems to need the support, which she was both! I have holes to go up another 2 in my current leathers (I've changed them since I rode Tetley last in that saddle), which I'll do on Saturday, then get the hole punch out if that's not enough.
C
Post a Comment
<< Home