Saturday, April 29, 2006

More now news is good news.

I've been microwave shopping this morning and footie this afternoon (clincher relegation match :-0 ), so no riding news. The pair have their rugs off for the first time and are basking in the sun. The breeze is cool but I like their skin to get the air.

Tia has one hot foot. The front one we had problems with is stone cold, as are two others. The back one with the injury is warm. It has very little heel growth and is noticeably flatter than the other hind. I will be watching it carefully, and using boots on the road to prevent the flat heels wearing down even more. I hope that the warmth is simply her reaction to the fact that it has worn too much, and will result in a growth spurt.

They'll probably both get tomorrow off as well, because I have to be at Bradwall to dressage marshall at HALF PAST SEVEN tomorrow morning. That's the middle of the night :-0 It's such a blessing having a field with a huge slope on it sometimes, it keeps them so fit just to be turned out on it. I remember when Scooby was confined to the yard it was a nightmare getting and keeping him fit in contrast to when he was out.

C.

4 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Claire said...

0730 on a sunday to be there is no fun - last time i did some marshalling it wasn't quite that early, but an hours drive to get there .... and freezing!

hope you have a good day

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger cloud_cirrus said...

Were you looking at no 654 on project horses? That's the one I thought you were looking at when you said it was well bred. It's in the 15hh to 16hh section.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

Not 654 Tracey, I forget the number but it was over 16 hands. Bay, trakhener.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger cloud_cirrus said...

Aha, I thought it was the one related to Prinmores Pride owned by the eventer giving up because of work commitments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home