Black and White. Chalk and Cheese.
There could not be a greater contrast between the way the WOW representative has dealt with my problem than previous saddle issues I've had this year. She rang me back immediately. She listened to what I said. She asked some relevant questions and then immediately she said "I will order new panels for you today with a wider gullet. They should be rushed through production next week and I will come out immediately and fit them". When I had picked myself up off the floor she said "I'm really sorry about this Caroline, thankyou for being so reasonable". And when I thanked her for her superb reaction, she insisted on thanking me again.
What service! She has just ensured that my next one will be bought from her and not off eBay. With service like that, why would I try and skimp on less than £200 on something so crucial as how a saddle fits? I can't help but contrast it with my recent experiences with a company which I was just trying to give product feedback to, and not even asking to do anything for me. If I wasn't sold on the WOW before I certainly am now.
And BOY OH BOY! Or should I say GIRL OH GIRL!
Tia has just been showjumping training at Beaver Hall where Tam keeps Murphy. I have had to recheck my diary to remind myself that she really did know nothing about jumping when she arrived a few weeks ago. And also that this was the first time she has seen a complete course, never mind been asked to jump it. She did one round at 2ft 6 to 2ft 9. She stopped at the first part of the double, the first double she has seen with a spread on it, or anything like that size. She did it with enthusiasm the next time. And one stop at the water trays, always excusable that one, which she did really neatly the second time. After that, she did another round at 2ft 9 - 2ft 11, which was just superb. There didn't seem any point in doing much more and possibly ending on a worse note, so I just did a 3 stride related distance with the first upright put up to 3 ft 1. She knocked it the first time (my fault, I hesitated in case she didn't like the height) and was great the second. So after only 20 minutes including warm-up she went back in the box and we went for a coffee :-)
I have never found it so easy to teach a horse to jump over 3 feet high. Her training over cross country fences had carried through to the showjumping. She didn't rush or panic, she just steadily jumped the blessed lot!!
HUGE thanks are due to Tam for helping Superhubby put the poles down and then up and up. It was great to have it done so quickly so that she could go round again without going off the boil.
Tetley hasn't been ridden today - I went to Tesco's and imagined half passing up the aisle past the Baked Beans instead.
I hope you all had as good a day as me.
C
ps Tetley's lumps are back on his worse leg but they are cooler than they were. Something is going on .......
pps I perhaps should mention that all the time we were jumping there was a digger creating a new access to the arena and she didn't give a hoot about it, or any of the fillers, or anything else for that matter. I DO like this horse!!

7 Comments:
Wow for the wow saddle. i just come off the phone from the only saddle fitter in Italy ( she is English!) I told her I just bought a Wintec Isabell, I had an earfull !!! Anyway, she comes in two weeks, to make me try a WOW saddle. I am very excited, especially after reading your feedback ;-)
There is lots to say about TB, I find them very intelligent. Well done Tia. She obvioulsy likes your training/schooling! Otherwise, you will be on the floor Hahaha !
Well done !
Gotta love a Thoroughbred that's been on the track. It seems nothing "usual" fazes them. Then again, the unusual might--for a moment--until they figure it out. My old guy was an ex-racer and never was bothered by machines or hubbub. The two who never made it to the track are silly about lots of things.
Tia seems to have found her niche. Apparently jumping is something she's not only good at, but something she likes. Well done! You may have your eventer after all.
Good going with the saddle too. Glad to hear WOW stands behind its product and customer service. Hope all works out well.
Let's hope she does as well in competition - although if she can put up with a digger, she should put up with a lot!
That's the other use for a blog of course - it's always a diary.
I commented on mine ages ago, I didn't used to keep a diary at all, and now I'm almost religious about the blog entry!
Tia is amazing! She jumps in fine style and to top it off, from when I first met her, well she moves like a different horse! She has fabulous movement too, which was hidden away under the strange gait she had when Caroline first bought her. The digger was going right next to the arena she was jumping in and she didn't bat (I think flutter would be more appropriate!) an eye-lid. Murphy has seen this digger everyday for two weeks and he still thinks it is going to kill him when it is at a standstill. I was so impressed with Tia. Her feet are looking fab too and she coped really well with the gravelly car park. She's a very special horse, but mainly because she has a great, and fearless rider on board who just gets on with it and will make her into a class horse!
Bless her...she's doing so well isnt she!!
I think your spot on Tam..having a fearless rider must instil much confidence in her just to have a go.
I agree Jean it does makes such a difference when they've raced,I suppose they've been exposed to a lot by the time they get on the track.
My friend bought her ned from the same guy as I did.Hers had raced(harness)and is totally laid back (apart from when he thinks he's in a race:0)..my lad didnt race and he is such a flapper!:):)
"but just where are the piccies???????????????????????"
If I'd known you were going jumping I would have come and taken piccies, staring at the same four walls and trying to write boring essays is driving me mad (well ok, more mad!:D)
sorry about pix, too busy with the poles at the moment! Official pix will be available soon though, as soon as we compete for serious!
C
Post a Comment
<< Home