No miracles here today
For those of us who were hoping for a miracle, and I guess that's all of us, eh?, it's not going to happen today at any rate. Smartie is nearly blind in his offside eye this morning and has very little sight in the other either. I can now wave my hand rapidly back and forwards past his face and he doesn't even see it. This is a horse which last week jumped in fright because I took a glove out of my pocket :-(
The only good thing about this is that it makes my decision so much easier. I have no option now but to have him put down. It will be sooner rather than later, it is just not fair to leave him like this. I am stunned by how rapid this has been, but grateful to be left with no choice.
There, having made everyone's day ;-) ;-), I shall now tell you that Tia showed a bit of temper this morning. She lifted her front feet, ooooh, about 2 inches off the floor in an attempt to avoid working through from behind :-) :-) :-) I am pleased she has some spirit, you need that in an eventer, but I'm also extremely please how small her resistances are.
Tetley was sound and did some nice shoulder in in trot. And some lovely walk.
And now I must start looking forward to the challenges of eventing Tia this summer, and finding a new project.
Thankyou everyone for all your support.
Caroline.

7 Comments:
I can hardly believe the speed that that he has lost the sight.
Bloody shame...and very weird.
second the (((hugs))))
Absolutely gutted! And that's how I feel, god knows how you must feel. I'm really sorry. I'm still hoping for a miracle though. I can't believe it. So, so gutted. My thoughts are with you Caroline.
((((hugs)))) from Italy.
I do not what to say except that I am terribly sorry.
take care.
It explains a lot. Poor Smartie and poor you. At least you did everything you could for him.
My thoughts are with you.
Sylina
Thinking of you both (((hugs)))
very depressing indeed. Oodles of hugs & boxes of hankies, and will be thinking of you ...
((hugs)), so sorry Caroline, be brave, we'll be thinking of you.
Post a Comment
<< Home