A small manicure for an ungrateful person.
A nice little hack on Radar. He's still a bit anxious and unsettled on hacks, not really wanting to go away from home, but he does what he's told like a good boy should (listening Jazz?)
Jazz did a really good session in the barn. I thought he was going to be awful, because he would not give me slower/faster walk for quite a few minutes. He was behind my leg and neither collecting nor extending properly. I got him straight, which he objected too by trying to set his neck, and then it all came together. We did some walk pirouette and then some trot, which quickly became nearly-piaffe. He really is learning the piaffe steps very fast, considering that I don't try it that often.
Then we spent a few minutes popping up and down between walk, trot and canter, with a couple of canter flying changes thrown in (one in each direction - both perfect). He is really sharp off the aids once I have his attention, and the slightest aid too. It was great fun.
I tidied up the Butkins back toes for him, for which he showed no gratitude whatsoever.
C
ps finally a reasonable jumping photo of Radar hunting.

3 Comments:
Neat pic! Radar is really using himself over that fence! A bit of that greenie overjump still, but what a nice impression he gives...and a ton of scope!!
Anxious and unsettled on the hack describes my Toby perfectly today...and he's 19!! All in all, Radar seems to be a good boy about it.
And Jazz...the dressage star still shines brightly.
As for ungrateful little Buttie...what else could you expect from and opinionate little fellow like him? I do hope you added some butt scratching to please the little prince. *G*
how much space did he give that? WOW.
I think he got too close before he took off - it was from the days when he was still going in backwards, hence the big pop. There is also a substantial drop on the landing side. It looks very tiny and easy, but it was deceptive.
C
Post a Comment
<< Home