Two out of two so far.
A beautiful day for a ride in the country with a good friend. And we have had a lovely time. I have to remind myself that Radar has carried a rider for precisely three weeks and two days. In the context of that, he was great.
He started off quite spooky and not wanting to approach any of the fences. Then he agreed to approach them. Then he agreed to walk over them. And then he started to pop them. And the last one (of about six we went over, the tiniest ones on the course) he hurdled from a canter. We did three lovely canters, which he held easily while following my friend's horse, and it promises to be a superb flowing pace. His trot is already ground covering and regular and his walk is settling with less and less head movement. He did the whole six miles, in just under 90 minutes, with no trouble at all.
He loaded well to go and even better to come home. He stopped pawing before we got there and never pawed at all on the way home. I think we have travelling cracked already - are you listening Jazz :-) ?
What a success he has proved to be so far. A couple of weeks to strengthen up a bit more, and then we should be able to take him back to put him at some of the fences that are worth him making more of an effort over. I'm trying to be cautious, but the signs are that he is everything we hoped he would be and possibly more.
When I got home I had a Premium Bond win of £25 on the doormat. Is it too much to ask that we get three out of three and the people coming tomorrow buy Zippy? Probably, but two out of three ain't bad!
C

6 Comments:
An auspisicous start for Radar. When you consider He's never been on an outing like that, all the signs are pretty positive. I do like his attitude about the fences as again, he seemed to be progressing at each step. The next time out will be the proof. If he does not spook at a fence and approaches it from a trot, ready to jump, then we know he's the boy for you. Considering that he finally cantered a little one at the end is a super good sign.
Don't know what the Premium Bond win is, but money never sounds bad. Good things come in threes so here's a cheer for tomorrow and Zip! Huzzah! (Well, that's sort of a cheer. *G*)
Fingers crossed for 3 out of 3. They made me cash in my PB's when they discovered I'd "Gone Foreign", boo, hoo. Rules and such.
Government run lottery Jean. You invest your money and the capital is secure, and "interest" is paid in monthly prizes between £25 and £250,000 from bonds drawn at random.
Sounds a bit mean ER, I didn't know residence was a bondholder requirement.
C
no toften you hear abouit it paying out .. i've had a premium bond since i was born, but not aware of ever having won anything on it!
radar sounds better and better....
Premium bonds...hmmm, lucky you! Like Claire I've had them since I was born and never won so much as a penny! Off to catch up on all the blog entries as I've been away for a while.
We win now and then. Usually £50 but they have reduced the lowest prize to £25 this month so it's £25. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
Radar is a grand horse Claire. I think he would even make a County Standard show hunter if I was showing minded. (I hate it!).
Anon - Cassie????
C
Post a Comment
<< Home