Tooth fairy didn't come.
Apparently the tooth fairy will only visit if you put your teeth under a pillow. Radar doesn't have a pillow, so he didn't get sixpence for each of his teeth like I used to. What a shame.
He is perfectly happy today. Wolfed his breakfast. Eating haylage happily. I couldn't see the point of giving him bute like the vet had told me to, so I didn't. I'm going to wait until he is obviously completely obvlivious when he is eating (if you look carefully you can just about see that he is moving food away from the front of his mouth before he chews it) Then I'm going to feel the holes, and when he doesn't care if I do that or not, I'll bit him again and see what he says. I reckon probably a week.
Meanwhile I have time to school Zip. The canter transition is improving. He still strikes off either on the wrong leg or disunited at first. But after two or three, he is able to sit down and take a really nice step forward into the left canter. And he can now hold it for several circles instead of breaking or disuniting. It is purely a strength issue.
And Jazz was a star today. On our hack we went up the bed of the stream (the corkscrew) and in the narrow lane that leads back to the road there were five pallets of birdfood supplies, eight feet high, shrinkwrapped with bits of wrapping blowing in the breeze. He had to pass within four feet of it, and he did. He tried twice to spin away, but he took a deep breath and was very brave.
What a good boy!
C

3 Comments:
Horses heal amazingly fast. Nature's way, I guess. I am glad Radar is eating. You actually might have to cut him back once he can chew!
Zip and Jazz are keeping you suitably occupied in the meantime, however. Zip is trying to get it right, so that's good. And Jazz is really progressing in his hacking. I'm not sure any of my Boys would have passed that stuff--especially with the flapping plastic. I'm impressed.
i've just thought, imagine what would have happened to a wild horse with teh same issue?
flapping plastic? no.....probably not, but who knows?
With the tooth issue Claire? Well he was healthy and well covered, so nothing. He just bit his own cheeks from time to time. I do it too. It's not life-threatening. Horses in the wild don't get their teeth rasped.
My horses see flapping plastic every day, but certainly Jazz was very good to go past loaded pallets so close so quickly, Jean. I am pleased with him.
Post a Comment
<< Home