Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bum bum bum bum bum bum bottom!

Bum bum bottom! Stuff!! Hurrumph!!! :-(((((((

I plaited up, and Jazz was getting quietly quite excited. I could hear his stomach gurgling and he did a couple of splats. But he was very well behaved. We loaded him up and he was ready to go. We drove out of the yard and a quarter of a mile up the road to the junction with the main road. And the clutch failed.

It could have been worse. We could have been almost all the way there before it failed. I could be married to an accountant instead of to an engineer who has already diagnosed the problem, ordered the parts for arrival Tuesday and is confident that he can replace them on Wednesday. I could have got there, fallen off and hurt myself. Or Jazz could have put his foot down a rabbit hole and broken his leg. Worse things have happened to other people today! I'm stil disappointed though.

I decided that it wouldn't be a wise move to school either of them in an upset mood, so I took Jazz's plaits back out again (he looked very sad as I was doing them :-) and turned them both out. Jazz went off for a canter which will at least have given him some exercise. I went for a long walk and now I'm off for a long snooze!

Luckily there is no football next week either, and we can have another try at getting there if the weather is not altogether foul.

C

3 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Claire said...

football?

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Oh, stuff and bother.

Yes indeed, thank goodness for a handy husband.

I ended up stuck at a horse show about an hour from home when my truck's front brakes seized just a few miles from the showgrounds. What a mess to get my horse and trailer home and then get the truck towed.

Poor Jazz. No fun today. I think you were wise in not trying to school him. He'd probably be crabby. *S*

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

Poor Sh has to do something that doesn't involve horses sometime Claire :-)

I have breakdown insurance Jean, do you, or did you have to rely on friends or pay on the day?

C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home