Thursday, October 23, 2008

Flying colours

George has passed the vet with barely a comment. He managed to find a tiny splint, but it's tucked away behind the cannon bone and doesn't even alter the line of his leg, so it wouldn't rule him out of the show ring. M nearly deafened me with her excited squeal when I told her on the phone to get his bed ready for tomorrow. She is in ecastasies.

And George can't wait to see her again. How do I know? Well, we were part way into the first stage of the examination when Mum turned up. He looked at her as if to say "hiya" and then peered over her shoulder. When he couldn't see M, he peered over Mum's other shoulder, and then quietly resigned himself to the fact that his girl hadn't come with her. There was no doubt at all that he was looking for her. How sweet is that?!

I am so happy with this arrangement for all of us. I will own George until Christmas, but it would take something unimaginable to make M part with him. Since she has known she was going to have him, her self confidence has improved beyond belief, and with it her school grades. Amazing, isn't it? It's clearly George's vocation in life to help people.

They are a competitive family too, so George will get to do the jumping that he loves so much. M is already asking how soon she can hunt him - I've said not til next season. She seems keen on doing working hunter, which he'll do really well in for sure. He's going to be so loved and have such a fun life, which is only what he deserves :-)

C

10 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Jean said...

This is wonderful news. As much as I will miss your regular reports on George, I could not be happier for him. Cute that he was looking for M.

And what good news to hear her schoolwork has improved too. I'd bet she had to make a few promises to mom about that, but I have a good feeling that George is going to keep her honest about it all. Special horses, like him, have a way of performning magic--as you already know.

You are a wise woman to have made this match. *G*

(Why does Blogger keep changing the rules???)

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Muriel said...

Great news. A true horse love story. George is so lucky he is going to be spoilt to death. You can dedicate your time to your two Prima Donna WB ^-^

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said...

Fantastic! Horses help people so much! And you can bet that George will keep her focused on what's important and, most likely, keep her out of trouble during those highly vulnerable teen years.

ML

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Nicola said...

Ah thats brilliant news!
I really wanted you to keep him as he sounds such a genuine horse but even I can see this is perfect:))
Dont think I could have contained myself at that age she's a lucky lucky girl.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Claire said...

can i come and meet him before he goes? heard so much about him it would be a shame not to..

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Claire, you're too late, we're taking him there tomorrow.

She worked hard Jean, but she just didn't get the results, especially in math(s). Since "getting" George, she is suddenly able to see the answers to the problems. Isn't that amazing?

Yes, what HAVE they done to blogger? It seems to be back to normal again now, but it was completely different this afternoon!

Muriel, one of the lovely things about George is that I think he is so good natured that he won't take advantage of being spoiled.

Her mother said the same ML :-)

He's an ambassador for the ID/TB halfbred Nicola, that's for sure. He must be one of the most talented and nicest mongrels with no known parentage ever born. I love him, but I know it's right to part with him.

C

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to miss the George stories too, but what a lucky find with the wee lass...I'm so jealous!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Jean said...

Whoa! Maybe George is a math wizard who knows the answers! Wouldn't that be a wonder? Stranger things have happened. *G*

So excited about all of this. Can't wait to hear how George takes to his new home.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger cptrayes said...

Just about to tell you.

C

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Claire said...

missed all that with blogger, what happened?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home