Taking his medecine like a man.
Bless him, Caddy ate two kilos of food with 150ml (a lot!) of sheep wormer in it this morning without a murmur. Sweetheart.....
It is stifling here today. 33C down in town, blessedly only 27C up here on the hilltops and a nice breeze too. I gave Tia and Tetley an easy time today because of the heat. Tia went for a hack down the road. I don't find her the most comfortable hack. She has a relatively short stride even when she walks out, which doesn't match my normal body rythmn. And very often she is shrinking back for one reason or another and I find that uncomfortable compared to my cruise liner (Tettle). He went up onto the fields to catch the breeze on a gentle half hour hack. If we get the promised cooler weather I'm off to the farm ride with him this week.
All three horses had showers today. I can't get Tetley to go away until I have turned the tap off - he will stand there being washed down forever if you let him!!
It looks like Caddy is going to be the same, he came for his turn while Tetley was
getting doused. Tia is the only one I have to hold to wash off, and even she likes it once it's going.
It's threatening a thunderstorm outside now, with the heat. I hope so because we'll get a cloudburst of rain up here if it does, and that will be just what I want for the arena surface.
C.
ps no news tomorrow, it's Superhubby's birthday and I have to be Birthday Slave for the day.

5 Comments:
What a wuss you are NOt riding in the heat LOL!
I ride in 38 degress in the shade with very humid atmosphere. We get used to it. However, we do not gallop up hills LOL!!!
Joyeux Anniversaire to Superhubby. We all know how great he is !!
Happy Birthday, Superhubby! May the sun shine on your day and the horses take a back seat as you enjoy all the attention!
Tucker was much better at the show today. Still some tension which showed up in some strange head tosses that cost us enough points to put us low in the class. 58.8% and 59.8% still isn't bad. Without the tosses, we would have easily earned over 60%, the benchmark score.
Must have been around 90 degrees F. What does that translate to? 32C? Good thing there was a breeze.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Allan aka Superhubby!:)
Hope you spoil him rotten Caroline!
///I ride in 38 degress in the shade with very humid atmosphere. We get used to it.///
lol but we are so NOT used to it over here:)I rode a 8pm last night because I couldnt bear the thought of putting jod and boots on!
That sounds good Shiela, hopefully you'll understand each other better now. Well done for sorting it out, I would probably just have told him to *)**&*T^&& off and lost a good trainer!
Caddy has grown. I measured his backside today and he is nearly 16.2 on his rump. I hope the front comes up to match. I've had one American one before who was always bigger on the back end than the front. It does look like there's more to come in front though.
Yup, I'm a wuss Muriel. I hate the heat, it really makes me feel odd. I could barely move in 38 in the shade. Spot on Jean, I checked the thermometer - 90f = 32c
I'm glad Tucker was better, I'd be pleased with those scores. In the competitions we go in that would put us well up the class. Forgot to tell you that Tia's dressage was much better last time. Instead of being at the top of a group of half a dozen "no-hopers" at the bottom, she was at the bottom of the "good enoughs" with other people below her 8 and more points adrift. I am pleased with that improvement. Next time will be even better, we are practicing it now.
C
Way to go, Shelia. Talking it out is a sensible approach and apparently your trainer is a reasonable person who does care about you after all. Good job.
Caroline, around here, under 60% usually doesn't place. The riders are good and their horses are well bred. The sport has taken wing. Now, mind you, I am also riding in the top shows, not the schooling variety. Just to give you and idea, this is the link to the professional group that runs a number of the shows. My next competition is Dressage at Stone Tavern. Some of the other events are held at the US Equestrian Team Headquarters.
http://www.bfkequestrian.com/SchedulePage2005.htm
Here is the site of the NJ Horse Park. They are planning on expanding the facility to welcome even bigger competitions.
http://www.horseparkofnewjersey.com/
Post a Comment
<< Home