Definitely getting better!
Tetley is definitely moving better :-)
And for the FIRST TIME after the better part of TWO YEARS Tetley has a proper seat of corn, bars and 1/16 inch of hoof wall at the heels in his front feet. I KNOW you'd like photos guys, but I don't think it will photo any different from last time. But I can see it and feel it. He has lost another 1/4 inch off his frogs and his feet are finally taking a round shape and losing the flare at the sides. he has shed his bars with black muck under them in all 4 feet. I finally managed to get the bars to stop spreading over the seat of corn, scraped off the white line that does the same and fills the dip up, and we have REAL front feet at last.
I need some good news because both farm rides - the all weather which has been open ALL WINTER!!!! and the summer one, and the cross country schooling ground are shut due to the wet. So I'm about to take Tia out for a hack, with boots on the back to protect her back feet which are not as good as her front, heel-wise.
The Doncaster rules for tomorrow are:
Nothing over £3000 total, so if it's got VAT on, my maximum bid is less.
Nothing over £2000 unless it's really spot on.
Nothing over £1000 unless it's very nice.
Nothing under 16.1, and only then if it's a "proper" height and not all wither.
Reasonably straight, reasonably well made, good or improvable movement, no vices, likes people, has presence and is attractive (they are all attractive!).
Nothing obviously unsound unless it is clear why and can be resolved for definite.
Minor blemishes OK but no big legs, fired legs, bad sarcoids or huge scars.
Three or four years old, may go to five for an exceptional horse.
Nothing before lot number 1000 unless it meets all my criteria perfectly.
If all else is equal betweem two or more horses, choose in the following order, best first:
- No socks/4 socks are equal
- Two socks behind
- Two socks on the same diagonal
- Two socks in front
- One sock anywhere
- Three socks anywhere.
Don't turn down a great 3 year old waiting for a 4 year old.
Don't turn down a great bay waiting for a chestnut.
I'll be back tomorrow to tell you what I bought!
C

5 Comments:
Just noticed Quick Brew's results for this season???? Something gone wrong with his XC boldness? Shame that, he's missing his nice balanced mummy may be?
Tracey B
No, behave yourself! Promise! Great criteria. However, I would put bays ahead of chestnuts. Around here we call it the "chestnut syndrome." When middle boy Toby was acting up at a show, I called it the "chestnut Throroughbred syndrome," and someone immediately said, "That's the same as the chestnut mare syndrome." Silly horses. (Tucker, the even sillier boy is solid bay.) *G*
So glad to hear Tetley is better. Maybe the lameness was a calcification crisis of some sort. A fusion? I never followed a horse with spavin that far though I knew several while I was boarding at places that were in the process of fusion. Never did find out how they worked out as I moved before the process was complete.
My vet said Tucker had signs of "juvenile spavin," which he said was very common in young Thoroughbreds. I haven't noticed any real issues, so it remains to be seen. He said they usually grow out of it with work.
"Don't turn down a great bay waiting for a chestnut"
a bright bay could be orange pekoe too!
I could not trust myself in an auction situation ...i'd probably go for a sympathy case!
Good luck and get your backside on here asap to put us out of our misery...did you decide to take the wagon?
Pleased Tetley's improving:)
Funny about Tia's back feet being worse than the fronts .. Polo's back feet have been far more troublesome than his fronts.
Ah, yes Tracey. Paul appears to be having just one or two problems! It's his showjumping that he keeps being eliminated in, which is daft because he has been winning sj competitions over the winter. The only thing I can guess is that Paul is getting wound up about the importance of the competition, and his nerves are making him seize up. I'm not sure whether to offer any advice or not.
Most of you know that I'm rubbish at showjumping, but I never managed to get Scooby eliminated, so he's doing something really wrong. Either that or Scoobs isn't right somewhere and that's his only way of showing it, but I know Paul's wife insists on having them checked by bodyworkers so I would doubt that.
C
Post a Comment
<< Home