All fit and well
Radar is fit and well with four cold hard legs. Good news, because we were out for four hours yesterday and it was a fast day too. He looks terribly happy!
Jazz and I had a lovely hack in the dusk and a slight drizzle just now, which finished the day off nicely for both of us.
Radar showed how much he has progressed yesterday in another way that I didn't have room to mention. We were heading across a couple of fields separated in the middle by a wire fence. The gate was on the far left in the corner of the field. The hunt was split and I was at the head of the second pack. The first pack was directly in front of us, with the wire fence between us.
I was, of course, afraid that Radar was going to want to go straight on to join the others and either not see the wire or try to jump it. But he didn't. He veered left to the gateway and went through it before turning sharp right and joining the back of the pack in front. There were a number of other times during the day when I had the distinct impression that he was clearly aware of the danger of wire.
What a clever boy!
C.

4 Comments:
He is really learning the game fast. And how nice that he can stand up to the work. Four hours seems like a long time to be galloping around.
I love being out at dusk! Even better is when it starts to snow at dusk.
We're not galloping around for more than half the time ML, you run a leg and then you have to wait for the scent to be laid for the next leg, so half the time you're stood about chatting. It's one of the reasons why drag hunting is such fun, it's a social occasion too.
C
Good news indeed about the wire. That last little "adventure" must have taught him something. See, he can learn when there is an advantage to him in the process. Somehow I have a feeling he'd rather please himself first right now and worry about you later. *G*
I wouldn't say worrying about ME was anywhere near the top of his agenda yesterday, Jean! There were a number of occasions when I said "we aren't jumping that" and he said "you might not be, but I am!" and went.
C
Post a Comment
<< Home