Pictures!
Trot. I was so relieved to see the video, because he feels like he has such an arch to his neck and a lightness to his contact that he must be overbent. But no, this is his normal head carriage, perfectly "just in front of the vertical"
I don't know if you can see just how far he is off the floor in this photo. His suspension is incredible.
And this is the canter. No, I didn't frame grab a spectacularly good bit, he ALWAYS canters uphill like this, and jumps forward into each stride. It is absolutely gobsmacking to ride!
Down the centre line, exit at C :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
This was supposed to be a track right and instead we got an exit left!

His walk. Elastic, forward, "going somewhere". That's his normal walk, not an uppity "look at those jumps" photo.

I had SUCH a good time. Do tell me what you think!!
C

4 Comments:
Way to go! He looks super, especially for one so young and green. I know the exits were not exactly the ideal, but you got him back in. Did the judge make any comments or score the test anyhow? It's rather fun to look at a score sheet and think what might have been. *G*
He does look lovely, in particular at the canter. Isn't it amazing how much easier everything can be when the horse is physically talented and started well. You appear to be sitting the canter better too compared to when you tried him out.
Interesting about the trailering. Maybe when his head is steady he can balance off the rope. Years ago, a trainer suggested I use a martingale on a very green horse who was unsteady with his head. She suggested it would give him something he could balance on. Wonder if it's similar.
Either way, congratulations. I can see the suspension in Jazz's trot and I suspect it's only going to get better as he grows stronger and steadier to the aids. You have every right to be smiling from ear to ear and back again. *G*
I want one!
Claire the judge thought he was OK. She is renouned for giving whole tests full of sixes, and he got a few. But he had a number of fully justfied 2/3/4 scores which finished him up on 103/220. The score's pretty irrelevant really, there wasn't one circular circle and most of the transitions were pretty approximate :-)
Jean I am kicking myself. I spent the morning struggling with Tia's canter and it takes an off the cuff comment to remind me that a martingale would have got it sorted immediately :-((((
Mandeigh - you'd better start saving, you're not having mine :-):-) :-)!
C
wow ....
now i know a rather nice dance in the dark filly that i expect will do that when she grows up - if i can afford her of course...
Post a Comment
<< Home